1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Send the Squid into Exile Poll!

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by Mystery Squid, Feb 16, 2006.

?
  1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Jack Kelly

Jack Kelly New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Shocking, huh?

Hasn't the whole thing been engineered since Tuesday night?

2. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    i figured it was a typo on squid's part and not an attempt to mislead

3. Catskillguy

Catskillguy New Member

Is that like anyone who drives faster than you is an idiot.. or slower than you is a moron?
    :rolleyes:

4. JackDodge

JackDodge Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    :lol: yeah baby :D

5. JackDodge

JackDodge Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    He's just pulling your chain if you let him. He's not going anywhere, he NEEDS us. :D

6. Walker1

Walker1 Empire

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I thought Squid was that pretty girl. What's he done now? Are there any new hot subjects to debate about? I've been busy riding my Harley this weekend. B)

7. koa

koa Active Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I haven't voted yet so my vote is still for sale.

8. V8Cobrakid

V8Cobrakid Green Handyman

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    i had to vote no.. i like your avatars :)

9. tripp

tripp Which it's a 'ybrid, ain't it?

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Oh, of course Squid is flaming! :lol:

I guess I missed the Bruhaha. Maybe Squid should be exiled to South Georgia Island with a copy of Napolean Dynamite and an internet connection.

I voted no. Keep 'em 'round.

10. Jack Kelly

Jack Kelly New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    "For equal fun, you should all try to find what you think the sickest possible thing on the internet is. It's different for everyone, and VERY interesting to compare with what your friends find/determine. I determined it to be a picture of a Japanese girl in a school girl outfit, stuffed into a box, upside down, violently defecating into the air such that it would splatter all over herself on the way down. What made it particularly disturbing was the color and consistency, in conjunction with the contrast of the bright, shiny open topped pink box she was in (might have even been a "Hello Kitty" motif). This, IMO, beat out the "scat" eating fetish 10:1, and the ultimately revealed to be hoax of some obscure Indonesian culture in which still born babies were prepared and eaten for good luck. Human perversion knows no bounds..."

...MS

11. 2Hybrids

2Hybrids New Member

yeah....right. Maybe if the rest of the world was smokin crack.....

12. JackDodge

JackDodge Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    :lol:

13. malorn

malorn Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Why on earth would they send you into exile? Is it because your political/economic/historic fervor doesn't always line up with the company line here on PC? ;)

14. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    i was gonna keep my mouth shut and stay out of this mess, but i am not very good at shutting up sometimes.

i think squid is a mischevious devil's advocate, likely with too much time on his hands (which, well... sound familiar, anyone?) and an opinion that does not match anyone else's here.

what kind of society would be be if we exiled everyone who didn't agree with us?

heck. if that was the case i would have been booted for the stance i took during the ssc-50p campaign where everyone and their cousin was calling the techs a bunch of idiots for something that wasn't entirely their fault, and i stood up and said something about it. i certainly PO'd a lot of people with that.

i am sympathetic to those who were very upset by his stance on a very controversial topic, and to those who were offended by his posts- especially Jack (who i like quite a bit.) but we can't boot everyone who thinks differently...

i'll leave it at that.

15. zapranoth

zapranoth New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    (Nice quotation, Jack. THANK you for that image. :p

16. JackDodge

JackDodge Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    I wish I could change my username, I never know which Jack people are referring to. :)

I repeat, Squid's not going anywhere, he's just pulling everyone's chain.

17. gschoen

gschoen Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    No one's talking about SENDING him to exile, this was HIS IDEA. I vote no for forced banning. But if he's offering to leave, I say don't let the door hit you on the way out.

18. jeneric

jeneric New Member

Even IF he is racist and totally demented, shouldn't he stick around so that any of us who might not be can maybe help him out a little? Or at least, so we can keep tabs on him.

19. micheal

micheal I feel pretty, oh so pretty.

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    No one has even asked what Toyota thinks we should do! This is a Toyota Sheeple site right?

I know, I know, OT, but I couldn't resist.

It did seem like there was the b word being thrown after the thread-o-controversy.

20. slortz

slortz New Member

I voted no.
    Although I was tempted to vote yes, not because Squid's postings bother me (I just don't take anything he says seriously and like too poke fun back at him :) ) but because I am curious if he would honor the outcome if he was voted into exile.

I think others may have voted "yes" just to see if he would have the integrity to abide by the rules he established and not as any meaningful way to express a wish to silence him.

As far as Squid is concerned, I think it's a win-win for him. If he is voted to stay then it is proof that he is not such a disagreeable and inflammatory poster to the majority of people on PriusChat. If he is voted off then it is proof that people at PriusChat are hypocritical closed-minded liberals. Very clever, Squid. :)