1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Serious question

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Sydney Bernstien, Feb 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mcevedy

mcevedy New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    As a European member I feel qualified to answer this. I have a Prius because in my view it is good looking, very quiet, comfortable and well equipped. It is also roomy and economical.
    Prior to this car, I had a Mercedes A class diesel automatic which was about the same size internally (it was the LWB ) but which was noisier and very badly built. My wife has an Aygo, which has been mentioned as a competitor. Make me laugh again! The Aygo is a splendid town car - her's is also specced right up A/C, leather, auto etc. However it is tiny! I would no more use that for a long journey than a pedal bike.
    We actually have another 2 cars - a Toyota Camry estate 3.0GX - old but very useful - did 1000 miles last year. and a 1972 Triumph GT6 convertible - did 150 miles last year (very poor summer!)
    I didn't buy the Prius for its economy - I bought it because I liked it! And because being a Toyota, it is properly built.

2. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Thank you very much for your European perspective.

I'm sure he's long gone now. We've provided plenty of counter opinions. We may be on another continent but we're not THAT stupid and that ignorant of cars available in Europe.

3. hamil33

hamil33 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Probably doesn't have a lot to do with this subject but remember, when you have argued an hour with an idiot, make sure he hasn't been doing the same thing.

4. Omi

Omi Burlap Jockstrap

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    +1

5. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius