1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Seriously. Prius drivers what is wrong with you guys?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by ninous26, Jun 23, 2008.

1. hill

hill High Fiber Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    Premium
    Truck speed limit is 55, so I just drive (a safe distance) behind 'em. But SUV guy ... all he sees is me ... and my damnable MPG's !!

[​IMG]

2. V8Cobrakid

V8Cobrakid Green Handyman

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    i really don't get how that M3 vs prius vid got put on here.. why?

in all honesty.. Toyota has a car to compete with the M3.. it's the Supra hybrid that came in over 17 laps ahead of anyone in japans 24 hour race..... 17 laps... it wasn't BMW in 2nd either.. it was Porsche

3. SparrowHawk60

SparrowHawk60 Happy to be green!

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius

I feel pretty much the same way. Doesn't matter what type of car, I get passed by numerous people every day.
    Doesn't matter what I'm driving. Guess because I do the speed limit or slightly over (5 mph) I'm going to slow. Yes, I've had Prius drivers pass me, one doing at least 70 on the NYS Thruway.
    People are going to drive any way they feel like it, doesn't matter on the type of car, truck, etc. :yo:

4. miscrms

miscrms Plug Envious Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Hey! What did I say about questioning Lord Wiki? Next you'll be implying that Lord Google is fallible. I agree its a little wierd, but does seem to agree with the data here:
    http://www.eia.doe.gov/emeu/aer/pdf/pages/sec5_9.pdf
    Its also consistent with the current numbers, ie 20.9M bbl/day consumed, 4.9M bbl/day produced for an imported deficit of 16M bbl/day which is I think the main point.

Rob

5. Scruge

Scruge New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    That's hard to believe..

My last long trip >350 miles I drove at speeds above 90mph for periods greater than half hour. On occation I reached 105mph..

I still managed 39.8 mpg with the AC on.;)

btw.. When I'm driving my wife's prius, I fall into your first classification.. The A$ drivers.. Speeding. but with my full attention to driving and no distractions.

btw.. I've counted over 20 Prius in my neighborhood while jogging. In five months I've only seen half dozen driving around.

6. brick

brick Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    OMG. I never knew that some people drive their Prius fast while others drive it slow. It's as if it were available for purchase by anybody who can afford a mid-size car? Wth is that about?!? And here I figured it was my purpose to dive to the side of the road upon sighting a Superior Being within a quarter mile.

This thread has really enlightened me. I'll be sure to save this one so that I can pass the knowledge on to any kids that I might some day have.

7. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    nearly 4,000 views and 105 posts (106 now).

<sigh>... I don't even know why this thread's even going. We might as well talk to a wall and convince the wall it's a tree or something.

8. Rokeby

Rokeby Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    As to whether Prus, or any drivers for that matter, help or hinder the general
    traffic flow by maintaining a significant interval between themselves and the
    car ahead, see this:

SCIENCE HOBBYIST: Traffic Waves, physics for bored commuters

As to the OP's original question, "Seriously, Prius drivers, what is wrong
    with you guys?"
    and all subsequent drivel -- or is it "twaddle?" -- the most
    appropriate answer is:

Nothing. Your point is..? :noidea:

Now, to turn to more important matters, perhaps once and for all we can
    decide if the moon is, or is not, made of blue cheese.

9. sdtundra

sdtundra Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I drove 65 today on the freeway in my moms 2004 Toyota Avalon. 3.0 V6 4 speed automatic...rated at i believe 19/27 or something like that...36 mpg at 65, 40mpg at 55 albeit it was on 15 south going from Poway through Miramar and to the 163 which has a little down slope...still had people getting right behind me close as can be

10. Prius4ever

Prius4ever New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I fail to understand your angst regarding these posts. I'm sure there are even more insignificant posts happening at P.C. Are there people writing on them begging to shut them down? Perhaps, I really don't know.

Isn't the whole idea of the message boards that if people have thoughts on a subject, they should feel free to post? Besides, this OP just wrote what many other ignorant drivers out there feel. Instead of taking their anger out on themselves for having such gas hungry cars, they want to be mad at us because we don't.

Relax...I'm sure this post will end long before we see gas prices go down and the jealous of others fade away.

11. SW03ES

SW03ES Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    This kid is sitting on an Infiniti message board full of a bunch of other spoiled 16 year olds who'se daddys bought them G35s laughing at you guys...

:rolleyes:

Do a google search for ninous26, he's a big car forum troll. Banned from Acura forums. Banned from eBaums world, banned from Acura-Legend.com. My favorite? He belongs to a bodybuilding forum....banned from there too.

350Z forum:

AZ350Z.com :: Search

Apparently his senior year was HORRIBBBBBLE and he was suspended almost the entire year. How sad for him.

Occupation "Manager". Wow...I bet he does have a nicer house than most of us.

Apparently he doesn't have anything better to do than sit around on internet forums regardless of what he said, talking about the "chicks at his school".

He's a member on what looks like at least 25 forums, banned from a lot of them.

Of course he doesn't care if gas was $16 a gallon, his Dad's probably an attorney that beats up his mom and shows his love with tens and twenties and the occasional "midnight encounter".

This twerp's humping his pillow every night in his bunkbed and he's got you guys all in a tizzy....

12. SW03ES

SW03ES Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    It gets better and better LMAO. Seriously reading this kid's posts has made my evening. He's from Scottsdale HAHAHAHAHAHAAHA.

This is my favorite post:

What a moron lol

13. darelldd

darelldd Prius is our Gas Guzzler

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Still, I'm sure he has no ulterior motive for being here. He sounds concerned with our well-being.

Ug. I'm just grumpy because I'm old and don't have STD's to worry about any longer.

14. Stefx

Stefx Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
  15. darelldd

darelldd Prius is our Gas Guzzler

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Stop! You're killing me here. Where do I send the keyboard cleaning bill?

16. SpeedBump

SpeedBump New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Would someone please let me know when I can start throwing the "T" word around? Thank you. Bruce

17. Zhe Wiz

Zhe Wiz Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    You just made my day!

I was driving down to DC yesterday and was telling my wife about this guy. Told her he reminded me of a troll I met on the DSM list a while back. He bragged about how fast his Shelby Cobra was. Turned out he was a teenage kid who owned an old, rusty, beat up Honda Accord.

Looks like this guy could be his twin brother. :) Ninous should at least change his s/n every now and then.

Zhe Wiz

18. rhanson739

rhanson739 is loving the new Prihicle

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I was kind of wondering that as well, Bruce.

Having given up on any hope of a direct apology (not really necessary anyway, as Tony's perspective-taking is something I agree with wholeheartedly), I take solace in the notion that having multiple thousands of posts in any given forum does not necessarily make one more astute, just perhaps more condescending to others.

:yo:

I've participated in online conversations since before Al Gore invented the internet, by virtue of having worked for one of the first major comm vendors. I can sense a troll at some distance, the same way I recognize a bear when I'm hiking (i.e., it's not very difficult.)

19. SW03ES

SW03ES Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I think the "T" word fits, sorry Tony. As a fellow car forum moderator, I absolutely admire your attempt to be friendly to people like this, but you gots to call em like ya see 'em. This kid was a troll from the very beginning. The very definition of a troll. Textbook.

Don't give Tony a hard time guys, he's working hard to keep PC a nice, friendly place to be. And getting into a cross-forum flamewar would not exactly accomplish that.

Kids like this have no lives except acting hard on the Internet and Tony knows that (Scottsdale...hahahahaha)...

20. rhanson739

rhanson739 is loving the new Prihicle

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Steve -

I agree: It's nice to have people like Tony keeping an eye on things. I also didn't appreciate having him call me out. I can hold both perspectives.

That said - water under the bridge, as far as I'm concerned.