1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Seriously. Prius drivers what is wrong with you guys?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by ninous26, Jun 23, 2008.

1. Stefx

Stefx Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I'm lost.... who is Tony?

2. Sheepdog

Sheepdog C'Mere Sheepie!

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    A troll is a troll is a troll. Any thinking adult person can see when one starts a campaign. Any thinking adult can call it as they see it- in my eyes anyway.

I always assume and expect that all new members are worthy of my respect. Im not perfect and have strong feelings about certain extremist peoples overseas and their helpers that sometimes comes out at not so appropriate times. I regret that I may spew at the wrong time to the wrong person, but I will never apologize for my feelings. I am too old now and have been thru too much in my life. I have no doubt in my military mind that some will think me a troll sometimes.

You guys ae ok with me and I'm sure with Tony too now that he knows that you called it correctly.

3. Stefx

Stefx Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Argh! Who is Tony ?

4. Sheepdog

Sheepdog C'Mere Sheepie!

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    TonyP Schaffer. Early in the thread he told someone they didnt have the post count to call anyone a troll. He be a Mod I think

5. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    ahh... I'm just showing my PC age here lol. There have been countless people such as him come over here and start threads such as he did. I haven't locked any of them since as you said, it's a message board and us mods at PC aren't mod-nazis like you'd find in other forums (where newbs get shown the door unless they use the search function for example).

SW's post (#111) is classic.

6. djcabor

djcabor New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Hey all of you gas guzzler drivers, watch what you are saying. In the near future you will all be driving hybrid vehicles or electric vehicles.

Data Daedalus likes this.
  7. SW03ES

SW03ES Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Glad I could oblige lol

8. fcc

fcc New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    ugh. this thread is getting out of hand. lets end it.

9. Jack66

Jack66 Kinda Jovial Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    The OP did strike a small cord with me without knowing it -- whether to pulse and glide on interstates. I have decided not to P&G because of the folks behind me. I have not noticed a single Prius driver using P&G in NO VA. That doesn't mean no one uses it here or that it is wrong to do so -- I just haven't seen it and it doesn't seem prudent in this area unless it is late at night.

Here is an article on a Maryland Prius driver cited for driving too slow while using P&G.
    Trooper Cites Man For Driving Too Slow In Attempt To Save Gas - News - MSNBC.com

Just the thing I want to avoid...

10. fcc

fcc New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius

From what I read in the article it does sound like that driver was taking
    it to an extreme on a busy highway. Going 65-70 and then costing to lower
    then 50 is just silly when you consider how many other cars have to deal
    with his very erratic driving.

It is just that type of driving that causes others behind him to hit their breaks
    which starts a chain reaction of braking all the way back for possibly miles.
    This in of itself can cause traffic jams... by one driver trying to save gas..

Here is a hobbyist website that explores the idea of:

TRAFFIC WAVES
    SOMETIMES ONE DRIVER CAN VASTLY IMPROVE TRAFFIC.

http://www.eskimo.com/~billb/amateur/traffic/traffic1.html

11. jamesrlaw

jamesrlaw Two Timer

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    When you google Ninous you find out that it is a character in World of Warcraft. That pretty much sums him up. It's actually a Gnome. Are they related to Trolls?

Seriously, it would be nice if people (not just Prius drivers) would stay out of the HOV lane during the hours it is not enforced if they intend to drive slower than everyone else. It's amazing to watch someone enter the freeway and force their way across 4 or 5 lanes of traffic within a 1/4 mile and then go slower than everyone else on the freeway. I assume they do this so that with no one in front of them they won't have to pay attention or in the case of 80% of them because they are so old (mostly Buicks and Cadillacs) that they won't have to worry about whether a car is in their limited sight and reaction time.

That said - their is nothing more enjoyable than passing G35s and every other car at 50 - 65 mph while they crawl along in the other 6 lanes of traffic. I suspect that most of the anger towards Priuses in Phoenix comes from drivers being envious of us passing them. Same reaction was true when our HOV lanes were filled with SUVs that ran on alternative fuels. Where it used to be a line of Yukons and Expeditions it is now a line of Priuses and Civics in the HOV lanes. Sometimes it seems like every other car is a Prius in the HOV lane at rush hour. Of course, there are plenty of Civics but people just don't recognize them.

12. Tideland Prius

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Keep in mind that most of them were pretty smug about their SUVs 10 years ago so I think they feel violated or naked now that something "inferior" has taken over their spot and they want their ego back.

13. nosliw

nosliw New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    i get pretty upset with drivers going slower than traffic to their right no matter what they're driving.

and if there is no way for people to safely get around you than the speedlimit is all the slower you should be traveling.

if people would follow those rules and there would be a lot less hassle and danger on the road.

haven't noticed anything different about prius drivers. except the few that try and wave :D

but then that's not any worse than lifted F-150 guys would park in a circle-jerk fashion cause they feel unity.

Wth is there a preggo smilie? :preggers: just noticed it

14. Bobwho

Bobwho New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Sounds like you are describing 99% of the drivers in the Chicago area. It makes no difference what car they drive in that is the style of driving around here.

I would take notice if the post were "Prius drivers are more courteous than the average driver." Now that would surprise me. So what if there are some people around you driving a Prius that are driving like idiots. "Expect the best prepare for the worst."

15. abq sfr

abq sfr New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    OP is a VERY successful troll... generated over 134 responses in 48 hours!! I thought trolls were supposed to be ignored???

16. darelldd

darelldd Prius is our Gas Guzzler

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    We can all choose how many posts we see per page, so we don't have the same number of pages per thread. MUCH better to use the actual post number when referring to something like this. Post number is in the upper right of EVERY post of a thread.

That said, I'm sure it was good... whichever one it was.

17. SW03ES

SW03ES Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    It was, I was in rare form :D

18. Tideland Prius

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    whoops! My mistake. Post 111

19. SpeedBump

SpeedBump New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    What rhanson739 said. Me, too. I'm new to Prius and new to this forum. I just didn't care to be dismissed like a naughty eight-year old. I regret to say that I distinctly recall the unveiling of the Univac computer in 1957. I read about it in My Weekly Reader in sixth grade. After that, I taught lots of college students to use computers for more than 30 years. I've seen trolls. I have a simple rule: Whenever anyone begins any electronic communication, as Ninous did, with the question, "Why are you an a$$hole?," I automatically assume he's a troll. This works for me. Best, Bruce

rhanson, let me know when your blue Prius arrives. I tried and tried to get a blue one. When my salesman found out I was over 60, he told me I'd better grab the Driftwood Pearl. This hurt my feelings.

20. SW03ES

SW03ES Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Sounds like pretty reasonable logic to me lol

Still though, Tony's a really good guy he didn't mean anything with his remark.