1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Serpentine Belt Tensioner Pulley Part #

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by sciencekit, Sep 20, 2011.

1. sciencekit

sciencekit Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    The tensioner pulley bearing is dying a grinding/rattling death in my 2004 Prius. Does anyone know the part number for the pulley, and a good place to order one online? I am assuming it comes with a new bearing pre-installed.

I have searched for it on OEM sites, but for some reason am directed to the idler pulley for the timing chain instead. Thought you guys might be able to help me out. Thanks.

2. Patrick Wong

Patrick Wong DIY Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Are you sure this is not the correct pulley? If so then I suggest you call the parts dept at Champion Toyota in Houston (or whichever dealer you choose to buy from) and confirm.
    Champion ToyotaWorld

3. sciencekit

sciencekit Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    That should be the one. I never know if the correct term is idler pulley or tensioner pulley. Especially since most of the service people I have asked associate the idler pulley with the timing chain. Always confuses the heck out of me.

4. sciencekit

sciencekit Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Patrick,

I forgot to say thank you... your help is appreciated! :thumb: