1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Service code list?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by psusi, Aug 8, 2012.

1. psusi

psusi Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    My service required light came on last night about the time I passed 32,000 miles. I went into service mode today and saw that it is throwing a few service codes. Is there a list of the service codes somewhere? I'd like to get an idea if it is serious enough for me to go to the dealer now or if it can wait until the regular 6 month service next month.

2. etobia

etobia Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Call the Dealer service dept and ask them what the codes are.

3. Patrick Wong

Patrick Wong DIY Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    The MAINT REQD light is basically an odometer timer that turns on at 5K mile intervals. The purpose of this is to remind you to have your engine oil and oil filter replaced, at minimum.

What is this "service mode" that you are referring to? If you are referring to codes listed on the MFD, you can ignore those as they have to do with the audio system. If you don't have any warning lights on (besides MAINT REQD) then there will be no significant DTC (diagnostic trouble codes) logged by the car's ECUs.