1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Service recommendations in Austin, TX

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Nos402, Feb 2, 2015.

1. Nos402

Nos402 Junior Member

I'm at 165K on my 2005 Prius. I have taken it to the dealer every 5K diligently and always taken which service package was recommended. Reading here, it sounds like I've probably wasted a lot of money.

When I first got it, I just wanted finale sure I took care of it and was afraid smaller local shops might not have the knowledge of what was still a fairly new technology at the time. I figure now that's probably not a problem.

Basically I just want to make sure I keep my car running as long as possible and don't want to neglect anything that needs to be done but also don't want to pay out the nose for any unnecessary services or inflated prices.

I did just have my hybrid battery, evaporator and dryer replaced at a local shop but I was wondering if anyone had any specific recommendations here in Austin, TX or any other advice or feedback. Thanks!

2. frodoz737

frodoz737 Top Wrench

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Brake flush and transmission fluid drain and fill.