1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Set the home location in NAV

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by DPIStorm, Dec 23, 2007.

1. DPIStorm

DPIStorm New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Can someone give me simple step by step instructions to setting the "HOME" location in the NAV? This is driving me crazy!

Thanks in advance

2. IsrAmeriPrius

IsrAmeriPrius Progressive Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I am away from the car at the moment and my memory of the procedure is fuzzy. I think that it is done from the "Set Up" menu (reachable from upper right button on the NAV bezel). There, you should have an option to register/edit/delete memory points.

I'll check tomorrow and let you know in case I am wrong.

3. DPIStorm

DPIStorm New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    After another 10 mins I got it. The NAV manual is terrible!

4. IsrAmeriPrius

IsrAmeriPrius Progressive Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I was close. Hit the menu button on the upper right corner of the MFD bezel and select "My Places" to reach the register/edit/delete memory points function.

5. auricchio

auricchio Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    You probably already read this, but the manual suggests setting "home" somewhere near your home, but not right there. This supposedly prevents a car thief from finding your house.

Then again, my registration and carpool-lane sticker info are in the glove box, so if he has any brains, he'll find it there anyway.

6. alanh

alanh Active Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I'm kind of dubious about that warning. Ignoring the registration, it would seem highly risky (for the car thief) to take a stolen car to the place where it's most likely to be identified.

Of course, if your house keys were in the car someone should stay at the house until you get the locks changed.