1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Setting or hack to keep the car from moving with the port lid open?

Discussion in 'Prime Accessories and Modifications' started by Randall Henderson, Nov 24, 2021.

1. Randall Henderson

Randall Henderson New Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Mine is a 2021 prime with the basic (not smart lock) charging door.
    Is there a setting or hack to prevent the car from moving if the port lid is open?
    Or even a way to have a loud audio alert rather than just the visual one on the dashboard.
    There's a visual alert if the port lid is open but you can still move the car. I'm concerned about missing the alert and taking out the door backing out of the garage since it sticks out beyond the edge of the narrow garage door opening.

2. Storm88000

Storm88000 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2020 Prius Prime
    Model:
    LE
    As far as I know, the charge cord must still be connected in order for it not to start up/move. There is probably some way but I have no idea. I would say just make sure and be exrtra careful in the meantime. Maybe even put a little post it note on your screen and leave it there thats says "CHECK CHARGE DOOR"

3. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    not that i have read. maybe jury rig a spring to pull it at least closer to the body when you take the plug out