1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

settings for scan guage-e

Discussion in 'Prius v Fuel Economy' started by Bsver, Mar 23, 2014.

1. Bsver

Bsver Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    I am totally untech savvy but I got this for my grille blocking and have a few questions re. my Prius v.
    p.13 of set-up manual states that when setting the tank size, "if the manual is not in whole units, use the next lower value. For instance, if the capacity is 17.5 gallons, use 17 gallons." With the v at 11.9, should I use 12 or 11?

FWT is water/coolant temp. Is this what I am supposed to keep under 194?
    FIA is intake air temp. What should I be keeping this under with/without grille blocking?

Any pics of what people did with the long and awful cord and where they mounted it on their v? Thanks.

2. jdcollins5

jdcollins5 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    For the tank size you can use 12 or 11, it does not matter. fWT is the ICE water temp with a 195 F thermostat so 195 or less is correct.

I have no idea about FIA.

Most run the cord up the steering column and mount the unit on the flat surface right behind the steering wheel. Search on here for SGII and you should find pictures.

3. Eric "v"

Eric "v" Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    I have a Scanguage II and 11.9 gal absolutely should be rounded up to 12 gal. B/C rounding up means anything over .5 gal. goes up to the next highest whole number of gallons. Really, 11.9 gal is only one tenth of a gallon away from 12 gallons so why even ask?

As for F. deg water temp check with the dealer's service dep't. and they can tell you from their manual the correct temperature range, low to high. I'm sure your water temp is OK with a relatively new car. Your thermostat should be just fine.

As for F. deg. of Intake Air it generally runs 20 F. higher than the car's "Outside Air" reading in hot weather and 10 F. higher in freezing and sub freezing weather. If you need a radiator air blocker you must be running in double digit sub zero temps.

As for the Scanguage II cord:
    1. I ran it up my steering column from beneath the dash and plugged it into the gauge,
    2. coiled the excess cord behind the lower dash area,
    3. zip tied the excess cord coil to a brace or other wire (I forget) and
    4. plugged it into the OBD II computer.

I only unplug it when I get my car smog checked here in Nevada.