1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Settings screen won't come up

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by ADVrider, Feb 19, 2018.

1. ADVrider

ADVrider New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Hi. I've tried a few searches and can't seem to find the right thread (maybe I'm using the wrong terms.)

On my 2010 Prius, the settings button does nothing & the display button just shows the option for a fraction of a second before reverting to the previous screen. I've had the car for a little over a month.

The car is parked & on.

It was doing this before & wouldn't dim with the headlights on. I disconnected the battery & pumped the brakes a few times to discharge the capacitors. That worked for awhile, but now it's back & the battery trick doesn't clear it.

I'd appreciate any input.

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    welcome!

the display button on the steering wheel?

3. ADVrider

ADVrider New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Thanks!
    On the bottom right of the navigation screen. Destination does nothing. Setting does nothing. Display blinks the adjustments, screen off, brightness, etc, for just a second but not long enough to do anything.

4. ADVrider

ADVrider New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
  5. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    ah, got it. hard to say if it is the screen or buttons, how long have you owned it, and when did it stop working?

6. ADVrider

ADVrider New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    About a month. It’s never worked properly. Had to oder a map dvd before it would do anything at all. It’s something in the programming, because it did work for awhile after I forced it to reboot.