1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Seven days idle/loud clatter on startup

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Wots, Aug 12, 2009.

1. Since2002

Since2002 Senior Lurker

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Quantifying is not always easy, a computer system that I used to manage I would get reps calling saying their customer is getting constant error messages. When I asked them to quantify, i.e. how many errors and how often, they never could, they just know when they talked to the customer he said he was getting error messages. I had to assume the worst that maybe the customer's system had become unusable or nearly unusable, so instead of referring them to our tech support line I would call the customer myself, and the customer would tell me they see an error every week or two, they click past it and that it's not that big of a deal.

2. dolj

dolj Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    No, not completely down. But this:
    You forgot the incessant database errors. I do admire your ability to minimise a shocking user experience. If I was responsible for the maintenance of a site that behaved like this one, I'd be embarrassed to put my name to it. I remember the days when there was none of the above, day-in, day-out, it just worked. I just pine for those days, again.
    If only that it were occasional. I consider 6-10 page refreshes just to get something to read as too much and it may as well be offline. When it gets bad, I just abandon it for a while and try my luck later. And as for trying to post something, sometimes it just drives you batty.

Anyway that is enough OT talk, we should stop hijacking the OPs thread and get back to the topic of this thread..

#22 dolj, Nov 18, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2017