1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Several New Critical IE Flaws Disclosed Today.

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by Sufferin' Prius Envy, May 15, 2005.

1. bookrats

bookrats New Member

Well, my new PowerMac is now up and running in my office. (Love the breathing light when it's in sleep mode.) Quite a dramatic brick of aluminum. :)

It'll be a while before I make it my day-to-day working machine -- a lot of conversion work to be done; I'm currently just dinking around with it, learning the ins and outs, etc. (One reason I haven't been posting to PriusChat lately.) I plan to erase the entire hard drive and re-install Tiger this weekend.

One thing I am looking forward to: putting Firefox onto the new Mac. Yes, Safari is very nice; but I use Firefox on my Linux and Windows boxes at work, and my Windows box at home; and it's become incredibly familiar to me. (Tabbed windows; ctrl-click to open a new link in a new tab.) Something to be said for familiarty.

Nice to be back (and Mac.)

2. Sufferin' Prius Envy

Sufferin' Prius Envy Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    REDMOND, Wash.--The random chatter of several hundred Microsoft engineers filled the cavernous executive briefing center recently at the company's sprawling campus outside Seattle.

Within minutes after their meeting was convened, however, the hall became hushed. Hackers had successfully lured a Windows laptop onto a malicious wireless network.

"It was just silent," said Stephen Toulouse, a program manager in Microsoft's security unit. "You couldn't hear anybody breathe."

The demo was part of an extraordinary two days in which outsiders were invited into the heart of the Windows empire for the express purpose of exploiting flaws in Microsoft computing systems.

CNET News.com
    June 15, 2005 4:00AM PDT
    http://news.com.com/Microsoft+meets+the+ha...l?tag=nefd.lede

3. bookrats

bookrats New Member

Great story!

I just picture Elmer Fudd in hacker gear:

"Be vewy, vewy quiet -- I'm hunting Micwosoft fwaws! Haaaaa!"

4. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    totally unrelated but, about 3 months ago there was a blurb on the radio from a microsoft employee who will remain nameless over a survey that determined that the i-pod was the number one choice for portable music among microsoft employees beating the microsoft choice (which is given free to all employees) 7 to 1.

to say the least, microsoft probably was not happy that that info leaked out.

5. Hybrid_Dave

Hybrid_Dave New Member

Great thread...I saw the light a while ago and switched to Firefox and Thunderbird....have never looked back. Thanks for spreading the word about yet another Microsoft flaw, amongst the list of thousands.

I compare it to the attitude of McDonalds and Wal-Mart, they know they're the biggest, and their quality, service, and operations continue to suffer, but what do they care as long as they're on top? Same with MS, it's easy to slack when you're on top, and realize it will take nearly an act of God to get you off the top of the list :cussing: