1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

SF Bay area / Santa Clara FOB replacement

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by wirelessjava, Jun 17, 2022.

1. wirelessjava

wirelessjava Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Hello everyone

THE HANDY ANDY - 64 Photos & 29 Reviews - Keys & Locksmiths - 841 Washington St, Santa Clara, CA - Phone Number - Yelp

I found a good locksmith the the Santa Clara that will create a FOB and cut a blank for any prius car you have. His prices are reasonable and and please tell him that Jay sent you from Prius Chat.

Also he works after hours in a nice area of Santa Clara. I met him at 7:30 pm and he was able to accommodate me by ordering me the FOB , Programming the Key, and cutting the blank. Check out his reviews on Yelp.

2. wirelessjava

wirelessjava Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Do not waste your time and money at the dealership. Andy will help you out at a reasonable cost.

jacktechie likes this.
  3. jacktechie

jacktechie Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    Talked with Andy a couple of days ago and mentioned the forum. He says to order a non-OEM fob with key blank through Amazon at ~$100. Make certain the FCC ID is identical. He got stuck with a an older 2009 Prius fob with a customer no show. Call him and setup an appointment for fob programming at $95 and key cut at $30. His Yelp reviews are outstanding.

Toyota 101 wants $150 to program and $25 to cut key. Stevens Creek is $270 to program and why she could not quote me a key cut price is ??. Price for OEM fob is ~$155.

4. DPri

DPri Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I understand they have to make $ somehow / somewhere but charging $90-$270 for fob programming..?
    Last summer i helped one of my coworkers with new Oem Lexus fob, took less than 3 minutes from start to finish.