1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Share thoughts on centre console layout

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by XMAN LIVE, May 21, 2009.

1. yardman 49

yardman 49 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    But is it truly a "mechanical" button, or just a "state" toggle?? The latter would mean that it would stay on as long as the car was on. But once the car was turned off, it would go back to off, so that the seats don't start heating again when the car is turned back on; rather, you'd have to push the button again to turn them on.

2. Jabber

Jabber Chicagoland Prius Guy

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I BELIEVE it is truly a mechanical button. If you turn the car off, they go off. If you turn the car back on, the button is still technically engaged, so the bun warmers will heat up again.

3. yardman 49

yardman 49 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    You'd be surprised how quickly we can fill up cupholders. My Chevy minivan has SIX of them in easy reach of the front seats! If my wife and I stop at a drive through for lunch on a trip, we each may get a bottle of water to go with lunch, and then a couple of cups of hot coffee for when we have finished eating. So there are four holders tied up. Then the two extra can be used for other things (holding my GPS mount, odds & ends, etc.)

When I drive my van for work trips, all those holders also come in very handy, as my van becomes my mobile office, restaurant, etc.

Cupholders rule !!!! The more the merrier !!!!

4. a priori

a priori Canonus Curiosus

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Wow! This really does not sound good. Is there at least a light on the button to give some indication it is on?

This sounds like a mod in the making -- though I really need an electrician to help.

5. Jabber

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Yes, there is a light to indicate whether it is on or not. It looks like the exact same button used in RAV4 limiteds with leather.

6. XMAN LIVE

XMAN LIVE "Just have Fun!"

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    What was my first Question
    Oh I found it.
    :focus:
    I would like to get feedback from people that have been driving the 2010 Prius on if the center console layout is an issue with your right leg. With console going to dash, it seems this could be an issue with sharp or un-padded console as your leg could be resting on it. I still have not had a chance to even sit in one. Went to Houston Auto show to see it and only found a picture of it :(

Love the seat warmer information but hey...

2 people like this.
  7. eglmainz

eglmainz New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Do you know if the indicator is such that when I am in the driver's seat, can I look straight down and see the light being on? This would make it easier to confirm on/off status at a glimpse. (or I could just wait and smell to see if my buns are burnin')

Jabber, one minor correction. You stated a few posts up that the heated seats had to go through the padding and fabric/leather. To my knowledge the heaters are only available on leather seats. Is there a factory option for this on Fabric seats too, or only aftermarket?

8. Jabber

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Darn.. you caught me! Heated seats are only available from the factory on the leather seats. You can have heated seats installed aftermarket for cloth seats though.

And yes, you can easily see the light when looking down.

BTW, I got a prius in yesterday that will not be sold. It is used for test drives only. Call me tomorrow if you want to stop by, egl.

1 person likes this.
  9. Jabber

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Sorry about that. As you will find, topics completely change over the course of thread.

I drove one yesterday, and found no issue with the center console at all. And I usually do based on the way I sit in a car.

2 people like this.