1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Shared Car, Separate iPhones

Discussion in 'Prius v Audio and Electronics' started by Vinoh, Nov 17, 2011.

1. Vinoh

Vinoh Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Just got our Prius v with the AT package. Loving it so far except for one headache.

My wife and I each drive the car and pair our iPhones to it depending on who is driving. We share our contacts data by syncing to the same file in iCloud. I'm trying to set up the phone book on the car with a group from our contacts data and our regular speed dials.

Is there any way to keep the phone book and speed dials from changing back and forth when we connect our phones? I guess I could set up the same speed dials twice but that seems like a PITA over time.

Also, is there a way to transfer our iPhone favorites to the speed dials? There seems to be an option for this in the iPhone BT settings for the car pairing (same place I set up the group to transfer) but it doesn't transfer to the speed dials.

Thanks.

--Dave

2. BlizzardPearlV

BlizzardPearlV Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    N/A
    Correct me if I am wrong but I thought from what I read that the speed dials were not specific to each phone. If they are that is actually pretty cool. Sucks for your situation for setting it up twice.

3. jdcollins5

jdcollins5 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I know on my car that everything about the different phones are completely separated. Different contact lists, speed dials, etc.

This works great for my wife and I but it is not what you are looking for.

4. macmaster05

macmaster05 Senor Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Don't keep your phone book stored in your car. If your car is ever stolen, criminals will have access to some personal information. Same goes for putting your 'Home' into the GPS.

5. Vinoh

Vinoh Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Thanks for the good replies. Turns out it's not that big a deal; just a one time setup nuisance. It seemed like a bigger deal at first since it took me a while to keep redoing it as I tried to figure out what was going on.

--Dave