1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Shark Fin added to My C

Discussion in 'Prius c Accessories and Modifications' started by sph101, May 3, 2012.

1. steveoknievo

steveoknievo Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Wow it does appear to be a bit shorter, I do see the curve in the back. I wonder how that makes more room inside for the antenna base? You'd think that'd make the problem worse. Thank you for taking the pic. I'm a bit confused, you ordered one from this site and received it, to find that it didn't fit because of the sunroof? Or did you specify you had a sunroof? I didn't see any different options when I ordered, but it is possible I ordered wrong. image.jpg

Also my apologies for jacking this old thread.. I figured it would be better to add to an existing thread than to create my own..

2. ftl

ftl Explicator

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    No, this was July last year, not all that long after the C was first on the market, and I ordered the standard shark fin for the C as soon as it was available through the PriusChat shop. When I installed it I found that I could get either the front or the back to stick down, but getting both at the same time required deforming the roof.

I then made the assumption that the shark fin had been designed for the C without the sunroof (thinking that VG must have know what they were doing when they made it but perhaps hadn't tried different versions of the car). So I sent a photo to VG showing the gap at one end when the other end was secure. They asked me to return the original and sent a replacement with the base cut in a slight concave curve (as opposed to the flat base of the first one). That one was a good fit, and is the one in my photo.

If they're now proposing to use a thicker adhesive gasket, that would presumably also work.

3. steveoknievo

steveoknievo Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Cool, I'll report back here with the results when I receive it from them. Thanks for the help

4. -y0-

-y0- Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    Did your shark fin have gaps on the double sided adhesive or was it one solid piece going all the way around?

5. steveoknievo

steveoknievo Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    It was a one-piece gasket. I ended up sending it back; I'm ok with being fin-less

6. -y0-

-y0- Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    Was it a Beat Sonic or VG shark fin?

7. steveoknievo

steveoknievo Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model: