1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Shark Fin Antenna

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by harold, Jul 26, 2013.

1. 32kcolors

32kcolors Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Color-coded to match your paint exactly certainly cost more than $10. Why have a black base that sticks out like a sore thumb unless you happen to have a black Prius?

2. szgabor

szgabor Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I had one on my first prius ... and did not worth it. Not going to spend that kind of money again for something like that.

First "color coded to match"... only works if you buy it right away otherwise it will not match ... when I got it was only close but certainly did not "match" which I guess fine in most case.

3. 32kcolors

32kcolors Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    The factory paint faded that bad, huh? Us modders who actually take care of our cars (and paint) don't encounter fading problems. It's well known that some of the lighter colors such as Blizzard Pearl may not be an exact match because of the different underlying material, no different from the color mismatch between the plastic bumper and metal body.

4. szgabor

szgabor Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I had it about 7-8 month when I got the sharkfin thing, car was garaged in half of the time ... there was discernible difference sure both was dark grey ..that is just my observation and again I would not spend $85 dollars again.

I still regret not keeping that Gen II longer (not that Gen III is not better)

5. 32kcolors

32kcolors Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    I seriously doubt it was faded paint if it was only 7-8 months and garaged half of the time. More likely an unacceptable mismatched batch from the manufacturer as there shouldn't be a color difference with dark paint colors.

6. SoCalBPrius

SoCalBPrius Active Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I concur about the difficulty in matching the Blizzard Pearl as I've had a professional body shop tell me this as they fixed a front bumper scrape. As for the shark fin, I had skepticism about the price too but took the plunge & was pleasantly surprised at how close in terms of glossy & color it was to the factory paint. The quality was pretty good that I could hardly tell the difference on the roof of my car. That to me was worth the price & have had no regrets(y) .

7. Ridder

Ridder Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I'd like to get one....but no int'l shipping.......bummer

8. ucsmfu

ucsmfu Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    I have a blizzard pearl color beatsonic one for sale if interested, it's wrapped in Carbon fiber :p