1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

SharkFin Antenna Install Issue ?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by shrktank, Mar 24, 2012.

1. shrktank

shrktank New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Hello,

I followed the directions, which means you all know something bad is about to follow!!!

Installed the sharkfin antenna from juicedhybrid.com. Followed the directions. It looks and works great. However, we have had cold and rainy days. I noticed at the tip of the base the adhesive seems to be not sticking down like the rest of the base of the antenna.

I am concerned that it may start getting worse.

How would I go about fixing the issue without removing the antenna?
    How would I go about removing it and reinstalling it without messing up the paint?

Thanks

2. Bye_G37

Bye_G37 New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I'm waiting for mine to be delivered, so i'll be watching this thread.

3. hamil33

hamil33 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I hope you are having the same "problem" with your sharkfin that I have with mine. I followed the install instructions to the letter and yet the tip of the antenna does "seem" to not be correctly seated. HOWEVER, when I got a flashlight and looked under the tip I saw that the rubber adhesive was correctly seated and that only the plastic tip was a little elevated. After a few months, I now know for sure that the antenna is well sealed, and that the elevated tip is only the plastic and not the seal. Once again, I hope this is your problem also. You might try to slide a piece of paper under the tip to see if the seal is tight or not. Good Luck!