1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Sheepskin seat covers for Prius?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by Beachnut, May 3, 2014.

1. Beachnut

Beachnut Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    So we just bought our first ever Toyota ever,,, and a Prius no less. :) Never Thought I would own a Prius, but could not believe how good of a car it is!

Anyway. My wife wants Sheepskin seat covers as we had them custom made on our 2010 Accord. the manufacturer is mindful of the side air bags, as they put a long strip of Velcro down the side panel so it can easily blow out through it. We will be looking for seat, headrest, and possibly even arm rest custom covers for our Prius.

I would love to hear from any others who have them, and where they bought them from, as info from an actual user, is always better than info from a dealer.

Thank You so much for any input.

beachnut

2. Joele3

Joele3 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I've used them on my gen 2. I currently use them on my gen 3. I went with the tailor made charcoal color on my gen 3. On my gen 2 I used the deluxe version. I'm on my second pair they lasted 5-6 years. Heavy usage 180k miles worth! The difference on the deluxe version is the rear of the cover uses a synthetic material the tailormade is sheepskin all around. They are quite expensive but I have yet to see a better sheepskin cover. You can find a universal fit at an auto parts store or Costco for 1/3 the price. Some will not fit properly and will not have an opening for side airbags built into seat.
    Sheepskin Seat Covers, Sheepskin Slippers & UGGs

3. Mike500

Mike500 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
  4. Beachnut

Beachnut Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Thank you for the replies. I forgot to add email notification on this thread...

I ordered some seat covers from Amazon called "Eurow Sheepskin covers:

They did not fit! So I shipped them back. I was hopping they would fit over the top of the head rest, but, they were not long enough. If you just go over the seat back,,, they are too long! They are side air bag compatible.

My wife has beautiful long natural curly hair, the down side of it, is she uses LOTS of hair products to "Tame the Lion's maine down", which can transfer onto the head rest and seat back, so we have always put seat covers on the car.

I am thinking of trying the Shear Comfort . com "custom covers" that run $318 a pair,,, IF they can provide head rest covers too. Otherwise, i will use the rmsheapskin.com ones. I will update this when i buy them...

If anyone else has a suggestion, please chime in! Thank You

Beachnjut