1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Sheryl Crow and Karl Rove get into a fight.

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by larkinmj, Apr 23, 2007.

1. larkinmj

larkinmj New Member

This year (to avoid a repeat of last year's lambasting of Bush by Steven Colbert), the White House Correspondents Dinner had Rich Little as the headline entertainer. I'm sure they all yukked it up at his Nixon impersonation. But there was some entertainment at least- a fight between Karl Rove and Sheryl Crow. Rove might be the first man ever to say "don't touch me!" to Sheryl Crow:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/laurie-david...nd_b_46501.html

2. Stev0

Stev0 Honorary Hong Kong Cavalier

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I can't say I blame him. She could have accidentally torn away some of his skin covering to reveal he's an Evil Lectroid from The Planet Zork.

3. scargi01

scargi01 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Stev0 @ Apr 23 2007, 02:44 PM) [snapback]428562[/snapback]</div>
    or maybe he just found out she only uses 1 square of toilet paper....

4. dbermanmd

dbermanmd New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(05_SilverPri @ Apr 23 2007, 04:42 PM) [snapback]428593[/snapback]</div>
    obviously God gives and takes :lol:

5. larkinmj

larkinmj New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dbermanmd @ Apr 23 2007, 05:09 PM) [snapback]428606[/snapback]</div>
    Well, you may be right there. I saw Sheryl Crow and Laurie David on a talk show, and they said that they were conserving water on their tour bus by showering together. I'm waiting to see that on YouTube. :lol:

6. fshagan

fshagan Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Ms. Crow, who is a very good singer by the way, should not commit battery. If she wants to emulate Michael Moore, she needs to understand the rules of the game (and gain about 400 pounds). You cannot touch another person, even if you are famous and a very good singer.

She evidently also has a sense of humor, or she is crazy. I prefer to believe the former, as she is a very good singer, and that's almost as good as an expert. A funny singer is almost as good as a funny expert. But no one would listen to a crazy singer unless she was actually singing at the time.

Nevertheless, funny or not, I will disobey her and continue to use more than one, two, three or even four, squares of toilet paper when personal hygiene requires:

From http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/conte...=sec-artsliving

Not to be outdone with bathroom manners, she also has a suggestion for table manners at that same link (or when you have a cold):

That's right, folks, Sheryl Crow wants you to use only one square of toilet tissue, and wipe food or snot all over your arm at dinner. Perhaps THAT's why Karl Rove didn't want Crow touching him!

highlandlimo likes this.
  7. Mystery Squid

Mystery Squid Junior Member

Few things are more annoying than, as one poster put it, limousine liberals.

Oh, yes, there IS one thing more annoying: Hollywood Limousine liberals.

Sheryl Crow can go pound sand.

8. excuseMeButt

excuseMeButt Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    2 thoughts:

Karl, stop working for me...now...dammit.

Sheryl...you're absolutely _not_ getting enough fiber. Try about 30 grams a day and then we will talk about that 1 sheet of TP.

:p

~buttster

9. larkinmj

larkinmj New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(fshagan @ Apr 23 2007, 08:59 PM) [snapback]428726[/snapback]</div>
    OK, this whole thing is hardly an earth-shattering incident. Sheryl Crow probably could have approached Karl Rove a bit more tactfully (if at all- why would anyone think that Karl Rove gives a crap about global warming, or do anything about it?). And he could have just smiled and made a photo op out of it instead of blowing up.
    But battery? Sure, technically any unwanted touching is battery, but she just touched him on the elbow as many people do when they want to get someone's attention- she didn't hit him. Are you going to charge anyone who touches you at work with battery? If I did that to every co-worker who put a hand on my shoulder, I'd be filling police reports all day long. Look at President Bush at a function sometimes- he is ALWAYS touching people- that's just the way he is. If it's battery for me or you, then it is for the President as well.

10. Mystery Squid

Mystery Squid Junior Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(larkinmj @ Apr 23 2007, 09:50 PM) [snapback]428754[/snapback]</div>
    How do you know it's not sexual harassment? Perhaps you're simply oblivious to it?

11. fshagan

fshagan Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(larkinmj @ Apr 23 2007, 05:50 PM) [snapback]428754[/snapback]</div>
    Its "battery" if its unwanted, and by Karl's reaction, it was unwanted. She had plenty of verbal warnings to break off the unwanted contact, but she continued to press her inappropriate behavior. He asked her to stop talking to him, and when she wouldn't, he withdrew. Then, she committed an act of battery by trying to restrain him. Thankfully, she broke off the physical harassment when he yelled at her to not touch him. Karl was just following the steps all those harassment training classes he has attended. You go, you rich-white-powerful-male--victim, you!

When will famous pretty singers finally realize that "no" means "no"? When will people quit blaming the victim in these harassment cases?