1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Shift Knob - Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by RightOnTime, May 28, 2014.

1. Mike500

Mike500 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    I've made about ten of them. They are both titanium and 7075 aluminum.

7075 aluminum, I've found, polished up close to the sheen of sterling silver with a harder and longer lasting finish.

Nice thing is it's much better than anodized softer aluminum, which gets ugly scratches.

7075 has the hardness of some steels and is used in making aerospace airplane parts. The nice thing is hat it is clean through SOLID alloy and that it is easy to repolish.

I've been working on shift knobs for over a year NOW, but I have not offered any for sale, because I wanted to test every one on a real shifter shaft to achieve a PERFECT fit. I'm not allowed to sell them, here, anyway.

I found out that the Razo anodized aluminum shift knob is too long and too high for the Gen III Prius. A shorter shift knob would server better and not block the PARK, EV mode and other buttons.

I will posted some photos when I have them. They are precision made, NOT the loose fitting JUNK with plastic adapters that you see often on eBay.