1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Shoot me now!! My car alarm is going berserk again!!

Discussion in 'Local Prius Club Main Forum' started by msnancy61, Nov 13, 2006.

1. fspain

fspain New Member

May I ask what type of cellphone you have? Is it a windows PPC based. I ask becasue our alarm has been going nuts today, and I had left my windows based cellphone in the car. I have it set to check my emails on a 15 min basis. An the time factor is what led me to look for my cellphone, it hasn't gone off since I removed the phone. I was just wondering if there was a correlation?

2. orionll

orionll Active Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(terri @ Nov 18 2006, 06:38 PM) [snapback]351546[/snapback]</div>
    First of all I think this topic is both interesting and enternaining. Second why do you think it was the other Prius that you approached that went "beep-beep". Alot of cars go "beep-beep" when they unlock. It could just have been another car that went "beep-beep"

EDIT: Also the smartkey should not be able to open another Prius other than the one with the computer that it was programmed to. Also the smartkey also sahould not be able to unkock a Prius just be getting near it, but it can turn on interior lights. By the way did you notice the interior lights of the other Prius turn on if you remember?

Also yes I do agree with alot of people in this thread that try getting rid or turning off all electronic devices in your garage. You might want to park it outsude across the street and see if the alarm will go off there too. Other than that that is all that I can contribute right now.

3. rydot

rydot New Member

Just wanted to chime in that I've had two random alarm incidents. Both in my condo garage. Both caused the battery to drain to the point where the alarm was "bleating" pathetically. In the first incident, I called in for a jumpstart to get the car to turn back on; in the second, I waited about an hour after turning everything off before successfully attempting a startup. I have not taken action to replace the battery, although based on what you turn up with your dealer service, I just might buy a new one during my next service..

(2005, approaching 40K miles)

EDIT: I'd just as soon have my dealer COMPLETELY DISABLE the darn alarm. It's not likely to actually DO anything in the Los Angeles area anyway. (When's the last time YOU called the police because a car alarm went off?)