1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Shopping list for Audio Install for 2007 Prius Stealth Install

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Greg Profitt, Nov 13, 2012.

1. Greg Profitt

Greg Profitt Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Hi All,

Had a few questions and could use some help. I am pretty handy with audio installs but did have a few questions. I just ordered the JVC- KD-AHD75BT. I have a non JBL system but I do have an amp using a line-output converter. I just ordered the BHO-1761 and BHA-1761, I got some butt connectors, RCA cables and the Metra Axxess universal unit for steering wheels controls. Anything else i may need? Here are my questions.

I thought I saw a manual for dash disassembly somewhere, any tips are appreciated.

How do I connect the two harnesses together? Do I connect both harnesses together, it so what wires? Will I need to run an amp power on wire since I am replacing the line-output converter, I am thinking so along with two sets of RCA cables.

Any tips on running the bluetooth microphone and where to place it? What about a long USB cable for my Iphone. I have an Iphone5. Do I have to buy the JVC Iphone Cable. I know I will need a 30 pin to lightning connector.

Will I need the 68 ohm resistor with the axxess, does this require cutting the factory wiring, I assume it will. Or will I not need this?

Thanks,

Greg

2. koolingit

koolingit Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    I don't know anything about what you're doing but this may help: http://priuschat.com/attachments/chris-dragon-dash-pdf.21677/