1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Shorted the 23 Fuse!

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Technical Discussion' started by Tommybb, Apr 26, 2023.

1. Tommybb

Tommybb New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    I was installing a dash cam and seem to have shorted the 23 Fuse to ground with the multimeter in the driver's panel ☹️

Then when I went to start it I got a lot up dash with boxes around all the transmission positions and the warning lights up on the dash minus the red triangle.

Now I don't get any lights. I get a click with the power button and the door chime turns off. I also get an unusual clicking sound from the relay on the far right when I use the remote buttons to manipulate the door locks.

Troubleshooting help?! Now I need a new ECU huh?

2005 Prius VI

2. Tommybb

Tommybb New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    A few hours later I'm much better. I recharged the 12v battery as it was at 8v. Got the dashcam hooked up properly. Gas guage flashing low. Read that'll go back to normal or is a code.... I just don't have a parking / emergency light on the dash anymore...

FYI, I grounded it out to the body

3. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    There are four flash patterns that are codes, and one that just means the gauge recently got power back and is still figuring out how much fuel you have. They're described here.

Tommybb likes this.
  4. Tommybb

Tommybb New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
  5. pasadena_commut

pasadena_commut Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    8V was the open circuit voltage? That battery is probably toast. This AGM really does not like being deeply discharged. You should test the battery capacity and see how much of the original 46Ah remain.

Tommybb likes this.