1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Should Bush be impeached for the Plame leak?

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by jared2, Apr 7, 2006.

1. seeh2o

seeh2o Prius OG

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Persona
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mystery Squid @ Apr 7 2006, 11:12 PM) [snapback]236656[/snapback]</div>

White noise.

2. hycamguy07

hycamguy07 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mystery Squid @ Apr 7 2006, 04:52 PM) [snapback]236498[/snapback]</div>
    LOL Squid, this is true this crowd would like to impeach or stone him in the street...

Remember,
    Extreme left Liberals are like seagulls: all they do is squawk, eat garbage & are protected by the goverment

All the media is good for is spreading gloom & doom "its good for their ratings"..

3. imntacrook

imntacrook New Member

IMPEACH FIENGOLD!!!

4. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I don't think that Bush will get impeached over this, but I also don't think that Libby is lying. The feeling that I get about the Bush White House is that once you join in, it's a lot like Japanese culture - you're trained to honorably fall on your own sword. I don't think Libby would be on the stand and feel the heat and just blurt out Bush and Cheney's names because they were the first ones that came to his mind. To throw down the gauntlet like that he must have some sort of proof, otherwise he's just destroying the only allies he has left.

It doesn't make sense.

5. grasshopper

grasshopper Member

If President Cheney would have just gotten rid of his puppet, none of this would have happened. This country would be a Corporation, called Halliburton :blink:

6. windstrings

windstrings Certified Prius Breeder

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Bush is not up for re-election, but his party is... thats why we are getting all the unfounded bashing...
    Its a typical modern day campaign tactic to raise doubt and suspicion and throw mud.

That ties the opponents time up in defense mode and by the time he vindicates himself the damage is done.

The "emotional impact" of statements and lies is what does the damage... not whether they were ever true in the first place or not.

Once the truth is revealed, most people still carry the negative impact the lie brought and cannot shed its feelings even though it was all unfounded in the first place.

Its tough when your on the top... everyone expects you to walk like Jesus.... oh wait.. they are attacking him too! Just in time for Easter of course!... its all about the story and the money and the power and the glory...

Maybe we shoud rewrite the United States Anthem?

7. NuShrike

NuShrike Active Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(marjflowers @ Apr 7 2006, 05:26 PM) [snapback]236572[/snapback]</div>
    In this country founded by religious fanatics (Pilgrims) and created by insurgents (Revolutionaries), being sexually morally corrupt publically is much much worse a crime than anything else.

Even about TV, Congressmen spend their time chasing harmless obtuse hints or displays about sex (Janet Jackson), but everything else not directly on the 10 commandments such as corrupt, lying politicians is perfectly fine (as long as you're not indicted/impeached for it).

Hypocrisy is a way of life. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] I guess we all have to have a hobby [​IMG]

8. ghostofjk

ghostofjk New Member

IF any other CIA agents suffered ill consequences as a result of Valerie Plame's being outed;

or IF any foreign nationals suffered ill consequences because of it;

and IF Bush authorized leaks in the Plame/Wilson/yellowcake matter, whether or not it directly included her outing (but did include other ones, which led to the one resulting in her outing);

Bush should not only be impeached but, if convicted, he should pay the ultimate price for treason.

Unfortunately, we'll probably never know who may have paid a price due to Plame being outed, unless the case got that far in a trial.

9. windstrings

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ghostofjk @ Apr 8 2006, 08:07 PM) [snapback]237025[/snapback]</div>
    If what you say is credible, I'm sure you won't be the only voice and that he will be impeached... if you are wrong, you will eat crow and it will be everyone else's fault but yours I'm sure.

Why do you get so worked up about it?.....if it should happen it will.... do you think you are going to force something when you are a tiny voice?

Just because you don't like someone, you can't just impeach him....

In the intelligent part of your brain... do you really think thats what would be best for the nation right now?.... what would our enemies do?..... they are just waiting for some pantywaist to get in office so they can get away with something without having to pay the consequences.

Maybe Hillary will be your first choice?..... Lets see how she negotitates world peace. You know the Iranian's and Iraq's have tremendous respect for smart nice person women!

Unfortunately, some of the "men" in her party have less balls than she does.... she should have been a man.... hey.. maybe she is????

You need to think a little farthur than your own personal feelings cowboy. You may see a little more clearly about things. The world is not always as it appears through your rearview mirror!!!!

10. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    and I suppose Randy "Duke" Cunnigham was a victim of "bashing" too?

11. hybridTHEvibe

hybridTHEvibe New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(windstrings @ Apr 9 2006, 02:09 AM) [snapback]237083[/snapback]</div>
    Cowboys very rarely have horses equipped with rearview mirrors.

Your form of proselytizing is very entertaining, it borders on watching horror films that use crosses to scare people. Your unchecked faith in other human beings who happen to wear idealogies as clothing is very revealing of lack of being objective. In other words, anyone who happens to be radically on a right is equipped with perfection, therefore you must worship him/her. You keep degrading and demeaning posters who might have valid observations in all discussions. The moment they embrace ideas that don't conform to your form of betise you tend to vilify with malignant connotations.
    You might as well just be vulgar as in the end after 5 pages of your psychobabble that's all you really wanted to say. Save some server space.
    Your attempt to blackwash ghostofjk is unwarranted and baseless proven by instigating and predicating a cowboy mentality in a post.
    I've noticed that the strength of your meds tends to reflect on the "depth" of your posts.

12. hycamguy07

hycamguy07 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    If what you say is credible, I'm sure you won't be the only voice and that he will be impeached... if you are wrong, you will eat crow and it will be everyone else's fault but yours I'm sure.

Why do you get so worked up about it?.....if it should happen it will.... do you think you are going to force something when you are a tiny voice?

Just because you don't like someone, you can't just impeach him....

In the intelligent part of your brain... do you really think thats what would be best for the nation right now?.... what would our enemies do?..... they are just waiting for some pantywaist to get in office so they can get away with something without having to pay the consequences.

Maybe Hillary will be your first choice?..... Lets see how she negotitates world peace. You know the Iranian's and Iraq's have tremendous respect for smart nice person women!

Unfortunately, some of the "men" in her party have less balls than she does.... she should have been a man.... hey.. maybe she is????

You need to think a little farthur than your own personal feelings cowboy. You may see a little more clearly about things. The world is not always as it appears through your rearview mirror!!!!

Nicely said!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(windstrings @ Apr 8 2006, 12:59 PM) [snapback]236801[/snapback]</div>
    Its truly amazing how far the liberal-cons will go.. "Windstrings" excelent post! As a conservitive reading this post Im speachless, as everything has just been said is corect..

13. Mystery Squid

Mystery Squid Junior Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(hybridTHEvibrator @ Apr 9 2006, 08:44 AM) [snapback]237117[/snapback]</div>
    :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Car, meet automobile...

14. tleonhar

tleonhar Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
  15. windstrings

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(hybridTHEvibe @ Apr 9 2006, 05:44 AM) [snapback]237117[/snapback]</div>

Yea.. so whats your point?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(tleonhar @ Apr 9 2006, 12:42 PM) [snapback]237217[/snapback]</div>

The liberals have been turning blue waiting for something actually credible that will hold water to bash against Bush..... I bet they can't even sleep at night....

They take a little nothing and try to stretch it 47 country miles to make something out of it so that is it ever was anything, now its so thin, it doesn't matter anymore... they are very amusing as the grapple over the top of each other to save thier party...... We'll see... I think the more they stretch untruths, the more they set themselves up for failure as there is plenty of time for the truth to be revealed before their elections.

16. tleonhar

tleonhar Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(windstrings @ Apr 9 2006, 03:47 PM) [snapback]237224[/snapback]</div>
    I don't consider CNN to be a liberal sounding post (it's not Ted Turner's CNN anymore), allthough some do. But this is showing up on FOX as well, and I sure hope noone thinks they are liberal. Hell, I'm just referring to the flame throwing going on within their own party. It seems like the only thing saving the GOP is the complete lack of backbone in the democratic party.

17. DaveSheremata

DaveSheremata New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    You know, all this stuff really belongs on a different discussion board all together. You all seem like otherwise intelligent folks, but a lot of what I'm reading here, both left and right, is very uninspiring. Here's a great place for all you monkey-poo flinging, donkey and elephant flag waving Prius drivers to fling monky-poo ;)

http://groups.google.com/group/alt.politic...sh?lnk=sg&hl=en

Enjoy!
    Dave

18. ghostofjk

ghostofjk New Member

I'll buy the "uninspiring" part, Dave. The problem is, there are no "thinking conservatives" here, only nationalistic Bush-defenders. Just as Bush is no thinker himself, just a goon. I wish Republicans had better than windstrings, priusguy04, MS and IMNTACROOK here to try to advance some actual argument, rather than just putting out invective and semi-coherent ramblings. The most articulate conservative around here is a Canadian...

19. vikingrob

vikingrob New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(tleonhar @ Apr 7 2006, 04:00 PM) [snapback]236509[/snapback]</div>
    Article III, Section 3, of the Constitution sums it up:

(emphasis added)

OK, we have one witness, we need one more. The "aid and comfort" clause will be the key here.

20. seeh2o

seeh2o Prius OG

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Persona
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(tleonhar @ Apr 9 2006, 04:03 PM) [snapback]237230[/snapback]</div>

Well stated. The Dmocrats seem to have a terminal case of slinky disease. I don't know what the alternative is, there are not any clear leaders among the Dems, let alone any sort of clarity of message or movement coming out of them as a whole.