1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Should Bush be impeached for the Plame leak?

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by jared2, Apr 7, 2006.

1. SirGreen

SirGreen New Member

When I bought my 06 Prius in February I thought all Prius owners were liberal.
    Thanks Windstrings for brightening my day.

2. bgdrewsif

bgdrewsif New Member

Phoenix, Arizona (formerly Bowling Green, Ohio)
    Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(SirGreen @ Apr 7 2006, 06:29 PM) [snapback]236538[/snapback]</div>
    Can I just die now??? <_<

3. Mystery Squid

Mystery Squid Junior Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ghostofjk @ Apr 9 2006, 05:52 PM) [snapback]237239[/snapback]</div>
    Funny, that's precisely how we see things...

:lol:

...except we're right in our observations... ;)

4. hycamguy07

hycamguy07 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I'll buy the "uninspiring" part, Dave. The problem is, there are no "thinking conservatives" here, only nationalistic Bush-defenders. Just as Bush is no thinker himself, just a goon. I wish Republicans had better than windstrings, priusguy04, MS and IMNTACROOK here to try to advance some actual argument, rather than just putting out invective and semi-coherent ramblings. The most articulate conservative around here is a Canadian...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mystery Squid @ Apr 9 2006, 07:40 PM) [snapback]237270[/snapback]</div>

Mystery Squid, I second your statment .. ;)

A little humor to try and lighten up this conversation :lol: :lol: :lol:

Q: How many liberals does it take to change a light bulb?
    A: Let George Bush fix it! It’s his fault it’s dark anyway!

Q:What is the difference between a liberal and a puppy?
    A: A puppy stops whining after it grows up.

Q: How do you tell the difference between a liberal and a conservative?
    A: Easy. Watch a man drowning fifty feet offshore.
    The conservative will throw out 25 feet of rope and shout "swim for it!"
    The liberal will toss out 50 feet of rope, drop his own end, and go off to do another good deed.

Liberals are like seagulls: all they do is squawk, eat garbage & they are protected by the goverment.

5. Begreen

Begreen Member

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    Chuckle. This Horsey cartoon got me lol the other day:
    How to get a conservative to lie?

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/horsey/viewbydate.asp?id=1364

6. windstrings

windstrings Certified Prius Breeder

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(tleonhar @ Apr 9 2006, 02:03 PM) [snapback]237230[/snapback]</div>

There is no cohesiveness because they are all in survival mode which means "there is not enough to go around, so I'm taking what I can and canning what I get"....
    No one trust anybody else and they are crumbling from within..... too bad :rolleyes:

7. fshagan

fshagan Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jchu @ Apr 7 2006, 03:11 PM) [snapback]236531[/snapback]</div>
    Actually, the "leak" is about information regarding Niger and the "yellow cake", not the identity of a CIA agent. The special prosecutor has not found anyone in the administration guilty of that crime. Scooter Libby is being indicted for lying under oath to a grand jury about another matter, the release of classified material to a NY Times reporter, and not revealing the identity of the CIA agent.

Here's the thing: the President can declassify whatever he wants, and give it to whoever he wants. There is no crime here, no impeachable offense, and no hypocrasy either. Presidents do this all the time; it is why no one could "impeach" Jimmy Carter for revealing the Stealth Fighter right before his re-election bid, even though Republican senators screamed that it threatened national security to do so.

There's never been a legal test of this, but I suspect the VP could also claim that declassifying information and releasing it is part of his executive authority. It might extend to anyone in the executive branch who is acting on the President's behalf, although the legal experts say that gets dicey.

The info regarding Niger was not used by the NY Times reporter who Libby was authorized to give it to, and it was subsequently released 10 days later to the entire press corps.

8. windstrings

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(SirGreen @ Apr 9 2006, 04:10 PM) [snapback]237253[/snapback]</div>

They are just the vocal ones.... kinda like in real life.. they are the ones you see parading the streets with banners making a fuss, so they "feel" like they are popular and superior in numbers, in reality if they were truly superior, they wouldn't have to raise such a ruckus and parade so boistriously.... "whew, is that a word?"

9. fshagan

fshagan Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Danny @ Apr 8 2006, 05:45 AM) [snapback]236715[/snapback]</div>
    Sure it does. The two people in the world who can release intelligence information to the public without running afoul of the law are the President and, most legal scholars agree, the VP. Libby is naming the only two guys who can't get in trouble for it.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(NuShrike @ Apr 8 2006, 03:52 PM) [snapback]236930[/snapback]</div>
    The Pilgrims founded America? Boy, you learn something every day on PriusChat!

(You might take a refresher course on American History)

10. windstrings

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(fshagan @ Apr 9 2006, 11:11 PM) [snapback]237414[/snapback]</div>

You forgot to follow with "Pilgrim"..... a little JW humor.

11. BellBoy

BellBoy Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mystery Squid @ Apr 7 2006, 01:59 PM) [snapback]236508[/snapback]</div>
    I'm sorry, but if the money that was spent by the Republicans to find Bill Clinton guilty of lying about getting a blow job...take that same amount on money, manpower, and waste of governmental resources and you could find out one hell of a lot more wrong with the Bush administration than has already been discovered/questioned.

Sit on that double-edged sword of hipocrisy. ;)

12. hycamguy07

hycamguy07 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BellBoy @ Apr 10 2006, 02:35 AM) [snapback]237420[/snapback]</div>

[​IMG]

Its the flock of liberals:
    Mine, Mine, Mine, Mine, Mine!

:) :p :D :lol:

13. NuShrike

NuShrike Active Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(fshagan @ Apr 9 2006, 11:11 PM) [snapback]237414[/snapback]</div>
    Since the majority descended from the Pilgrim immigrants and followups boat travelers, and sure didn't come from the Vikings nor the other Asians. Does this need to be explained?

14. windstrings

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BellBoy @ Apr 9 2006, 11:35 PM) [snapback]237420[/snapback]</div>

I must have missed some news back then.. I thought Monica was more than willing to expose and reveal your good deed for the president as it made her "ahead" of all the rest!

Clinton should have just told them she was his "head nurse" and it would have been ok?

Whats wrong with Clinton who's just trying to get "a head" in this world? :huh:

The news media was more than happy to get down to the bottom......"deep down".... I don't think there was any money spent that was really necessary.... it was wasted and not needed...... if they wouldn't have spent a dime, the media would have still revealed it through Monica. She was such a good sport and all.

Maybe Hillary could use a good Jigalo.... that might loosen her up a bit? :eek: You think??? B)

15. Wildkow

Wildkow New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jchu @ Apr 7 2006, 03:11 PM) [snapback]236531[/snapback]</div>
    Why would you grow something you don't want and wouldn't know how to use? :eek:

16. LisaMarli

LisaMarli Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    V
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(priusguy04 @ Apr 9 2006, 08:08 AM) [snapback]237163[/snapback]</div>
    Why not? The Republicans did.

Funny how lying for a bj is impeachable, but lying and getting our boys killed and putting us trillions in debt is OK. Oh, I forgot. Bush has made sure that he is NEVER UNDER OATH! He and his people go out of their way to make sure that they NEVER TAKE AN OATH to tell the TRUTH! That way, when they lie, and they lie constantly (they never met a truth that is seems worth uttering), they can just whistle to their friends and it goes away.

Pathological lying is ok if you deliberately avoid oath taking, even when Oath Taking would be normal in the presentation (like in Congression Committee meetings). Almost everyone in the Bush regime WILL NOT Appear before Congress unless they are EXEMPT from take an Oath to Tell The Truth! What does that Tell You?

The current crowd would never make it as boy scouts. They are crooks through and through.

17. windstrings

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(LisaMarli @ Apr 10 2006, 10:39 PM) [snapback]237927[/snapback]</div>

Well i guess it comes down to a matter of opinion.. because I feel the democrats are the pathological lyers.....

None of us get the real picture and we all have to follow our guts.... we obviously all have different guts....

We don't have to hate each other in the process......

It amazes me how we all can see the same thing and get the same info and all interpret it differently...

Just because our interpretations are different, that does not change the truth..... somebody is interpreting wrong....

Reality is not as we want it to be or as we percieve it... its as it is.

18. ghostofjk

ghostofjk New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(windstrings @ Apr 10 2006, 09:58 PM) [snapback]237911[/snapback]</div>
    I think everyone got your play on the word "head" the first time, without two more..

Do you think Sen. Clinton needs "loosening up", windstrings? Do you mean that since she's a female, "all she needs is a good f**k"? Is this kind of thinking what it means to be a "conservative"?

G-I-G-O-L-O

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(windstrings @ Apr 10 2006, 11:18 PM) [snapback]237937[/snapback]</div>
    Please substantiate your allegation about Democrats being pathological liars with a few examples.

Only someone who doesn't pay attention to reliable news sources could say that " none of us get the real picture". Speak for yourself. Lots of us have a very clear picture of what lies have been told by Bush and his toadies. It's all out there.

19. Mystery Squid

Mystery Squid Junior Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ghostofjk @ Apr 11 2006, 03:46 AM) [snapback]237951[/snapback]</div>
    Completely analogous to the constant whining and irrational behavior typically associated with being a liberal.

"I voted for it before I voted against it!" :lol:

20. Begreen

Begreen Member

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(priusguy04 @ Apr 10 2006, 03:14 AM) [snapback]237433[/snapback]</div>
    Right image, wrong party. Republicans = spend yourself into a hole.