1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Should I ask: other car forums vs BP?

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by bwilson4web, Jun 9, 2010.

1. itsmechris

itsmechris Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I just meant it's easier to pretend to be ignorant. For many people, the disaster in the Gulf will basically remain a unicorn unless the oil somehow affects their beaches or their lives. For those in positions of power or authority that do fully grasp the extent of environmental destruction and economic impacts, it seems that ignorance is bliss. I mean its easier for them to pretend to not know how to reform, rather than admit there's nothing they're willing to do that would hurt current and future drilling projects. And now the media has begun redirecting America's attention to less pressing issues like Van der Sloot instead of the oil gusher.. I see this whole thing playing out similar to Valdez, and getting it off t.v. is the first step. Rig explosions and oil leaks are nothing new in the Gulf but somehow these events rarely show up in the news, but kill someone and then you have the world watching.

I know the oil has been gushing for 70 days and it seems like old news, but how long was the O.J. trial covered by the media? LOL Anyway, I came on to read about floor mats!