1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Should I buy a used Prius Two with over 100K miles?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by indel, Apr 1, 2024.

1. Tombukt2

Tombukt2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    Yeah I'll wait a couple years and see what happens with that hybrid cross Is that the A engine also I don't know haven't really looked but it seems a lot of these are reuse of slightly modified engines that are already in or have been in use. Some of the A engines and regular trim had all kinds of problems in the Camry I don't care how they detune it or make little iterations to it for this duty the basics are still the problem and they're there regardless. But like I say this is all newfangle stuff this is all stuff that people buy for high prices and are getting out of it $150k so they can start all over and do it again and have a warranty and they've trained these folks to just purchase their warranties and pay the price and blah blah blah I'm not buying into that I don't have to some other people will think differently and that's perfectly fine they've got jobs they got to keep up with the neighbors and all that stuff in life that that sort of thing throws at you me and mine we don't have to do anything we don't want to no matter what it is so there's always that old cars minimal maintenance you buy the right old cars and you don't have to do anything else that's it I was a car guy for many many years all that fancy nonsense supras Toyota 2000 GTs you name it the cool stuff that was all fine and dandy as long as you're pumping money and throwing it out the window and nobody really cares when you're in your twenties and early '30s but then after a while you realize this isn't it.