1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Should I buy an 05 instead of waiting for an 06?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by tracysbeans, Jan 7, 2006.

1. Old n Bold

Old n Bold New Member

Right. If the instrument dimmer control on the dash, to the left of the steering wheel, is all the way to bright, the MFD will not dim with the lights on. Just roll it one click down and things will dim with the lights on. This is handy if you turn your low beam headlights on as daytime drivng lights and would not like things to dim. Just roll it to full bright and they won't.

By the way, for those with new cars and nav systems, the online tutorial for the Lexis is excellent and much clearer than the manuals (unless the manuals have been rewritten for 06. Unfortunately, the tutorial only covers the main usage and doesn't dig into all the lesser used stuff, which I am still trying to figure out.

2. windstrings

windstrings Certified Prius Breeder

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Thanks.. Ill keep that in mind... I think the 06 is actually the same as the lexus now.... so I imagine that manual has more of the bugs worked out.

3. windstrings

windstrings Certified Prius Breeder

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Ha!.. too cool.. glad I could be of some help.....

4. tracysbeans

tracysbeans Member

I'm not sure what you mean by night mode? I don't see any difference to my screen whether it's day or night?

Actually to be honest I unfortunatly haven't had much time to play with my car since I got it. I'm to busy expanding one of my businesses right now. I think I need 3 of me right now. :blink:

5. tracysbeans

tracysbeans Member

I have the Lexus site bookmarked and plan to watch it soon!