1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Should I buy or avoid the 2017 year Prius Prime?

Discussion in 'Prime Main Forum (2017-2022)' started by rschlegel, Aug 4, 2020.

1. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    It blows my mind that more Ontarians did not take advantage of the $14,000 EV rebate. Yes I understand your commutes are longer than those in B.C. but still, I'd imagine most Ontarians have two vehicles. Yet QC had larger rebates and B.C. was just starting to catch up after the CEV was introduced.

MichinZen likes this.
  2. MichinZen

MichinZen New Member

Vehicle:
    2020 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Upgrade
    WHAT?! $14K rebates? I drove a Leaf with a car co-op several times and so even though I prefer the Prime, I think I definitely would've taken advantage of rebates like that. I swear Ontarians manage to get all the perks. :rolleyes:

With so many deals to be had on new 2020s and especially 2021s these days (Dec 2020), plus the added 5th seat and CarPlay (Android Auto + Safety Sense 2.0 in the 2021s) I feel like the case for buying a used pre-2020 Prime is not that strong, no?

Sarge and MTN like this.
  3. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Well they lost that rebate when Ford came into power. They now rely on the federal rebate only.

Depends what you prefer. I think most buyers lean towards CarPlay and the 5th seat. TSS-P2.0 is a good addition. Note that AndroidAuto is only available on the base model with the 7” screen. 11.4” does not support AndroidAuto.

so yeah the case isn’t strong for a used Prime. (Sucks for us. It’ll be hard to trade in or sell privately)

MichinZen likes this.