1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Should I pick bad or stupid?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Fuel Economy' started by Stev0, Dec 18, 2006.

1. Starfall

Starfall New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <_< <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Stev0 @ Dec 19 2006, 12:59 AM) [snapback]364039[/snapback]</div>
    Hi Stev0,

I am here to make you feel infinitely better...ya know, this being the holiday season & all. <_<

Currently (in "Chicago" rounded-off weather), I'm getting 29 mpg & I'm totally delighted. Why?

Good question. So glad you asked.

No, I can't measure up to the guys who get 50+ mpg but I don't care for I really didn't buy a Prius for the mpg - not at all. I drive a car I absolutely adore & would have bought anyway for a whole lot of other reasons.

I work very close to work & play & I am beating the mpg of my previous car by a factor of 2 - not that it matters. I can roll out of bed & go to work in less time than it takes most people (OK, men - you got me there!) to shave. What really matters to me is that I'm driving a car I love, that's easy to maneuver & park, that has fantastic features, etc. PLUS I have lots of time in my day (not commuting!) because my drive to work is so short I can have more time to enjoy my life.

Spectacular MPG- great!
    Pleasure in one's life: priceless!

YMMV (& clearly it does <_< )

2. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    hey with your area, driving conditions, weather, traffic, etc. 35 mph is not that bad at all. be assured that even high mileage compacts will get half that. my sister has a 32 mpg honda civic, does mostly freeway driving about 20 miles one way. she is averaging around 24 mpg now and this is in relatively mild weather. this past week, highs have been in the 50's.

so drop the temps another 20º, add a bit of traffic (she is the service manager where she works and is at work at 6 AM to avoid HUGE traffic jams that adds 15 minutes to the last (or first!!) 2 miles of her commute.

3. sbspurr

sbspurr New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Charles Suitt @ Dec 19 2006, 12:42 PM) [snapback]364199[/snapback]</div>
    I am a brand new Prius owner - I've had mine for two days. Could you explain this a little more?

Thanks!

4. Joe Bernard

Joe Bernard New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(hyo silver @ Dec 19 2006, 10:23 PM) [snapback]364419[/snapback]</div>
    "Cycling gear" for rides under 5 miles? Forget about it dude. Hang a wicker basket off the bars of that 3-speed, put on some sweats and pedal my brutha! :D