1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Should I replace my Accord with a Prius

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by cdavid, Dec 20, 2005.

1. Spunky

Spunky New Member

You're smart to wait for the right person. Actively search for her. Hope you find one another but remember, don't put the rest of your life on hold until you do.

Husband is also named Daniel. We met three years ago via the Web. Yep, we're one of those whatevermatchdotcom couples. Have been blissfully happy since we met, got married in March.

The wedding is a tiny part of a marriage. Put a thousand-fold more effort into preparing a foundation for the marriage, than into the ceremony. We spent a sixteenth of what we paid for the wedding into premarital counseling. The therapist was thrilled when we contacted her. She's tired of counseling couples who are on the verge of splitting up. She taught us a lot about dealing with the inevitable clashes that occur in any relationship. Very useful and made us feel more comfortable with the whole process.

In August, Dan bought Foxy as the replacement for my '96 Honda Civic. He gives back rubs, dishes up a mean pot 'o breakfast stew, and washes the dinner dishes too. :)

Good luck with your search. Hope it is sucessful, soon. Make the waiting fun too.

2. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I actually don't care one way or another about the wedding ceremony. It's the relationship I'm after. If she wants a civil marriage and/or a religious marriage, fine with me. If we don't have a marriage at all, that's fine with me too, though I guess I do favor some kind of committment ceremony. I have friends who are married, and friends who've been together for many years without getting married. I have friends (one couple) who refused to get a government-issued marriage licence but had a marriage ceremony in a church (faith-based anarchists) and my mom once knew a couple who got married but lied to their friends and told them they were just living together, because they were communists and were ashamed to admit that they permitted the government to sanction their union.

I, too, am not a bad cook, would happily give back rubs, and would buy my wife a Prius (or whatever other car she wanted, within reason. That is, I don't think I'd want a woman who wanted a Hummer, and I might balk at anything more expensive than a high-end Lexus.)

Pre-marital counselling sounds like a good idea. I think I'll bring that up in the astronomically-unlikely event that the opportinuty arises.

3. Spunky

Spunky New Member

One of the best things about the whatevermatchdotcom sites are the questionaires. Had to think about what I wanted in a relationship and the sort of person I could be happy with. Then had to "present" (describe in writing) myself in a short format. It was an interesting and revealing process. I would recommend it even if you don't meet someone via a site.

4. cdavid

cdavid Member

Well, I sold my 2003 Accord EX-V6 with 31K miles on it today. I ordered my Prius Barcelona Red Package 8 in Dec, and am still awaiting it. Since I live in SE Toyota territory and they don't import any Package 8 unless some special dealer order is accepted by SET, I'm waiting, and waiting, and waiting. I keep calling the dealer to be sure they will be able to get it, and they say, it will come, I must be patient.

Now I have to drive the gas guzzler pick-up until that day comes. What a day it will be. I am having some regrets, the Accord has been completely reliable and very nice to drive. I got a good price for it and with the tax credit on the Prius, it is a reasonable exchange from price alone. It, nevertheless, will be missed.