1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Should I replace the hybrid battery?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by bob nisbet, Sep 4, 2020.

1. bob nisbet

bob nisbet Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    My 2007 Prius has 145,000 miles. In April I was not driving it, the starter battery ran down, got the Red Triangle and P0A80 code saying the hybrid battery was bad. Then I recharged the starter battery and no problems since. Dr. Prius full battery test has no errors found, All IR normal, battery running warm or normal, upper voltage balance, poor balance block #14. The Life Expectancy test says I have 64% capacity left, fair condition. A friend has a 2004 or 2005 Prius and has dealt with Limp Home Mode, and I don't want to deal with that. I may go to a totally electric car in the next few years, but I still like my 2007. Ideas or Suggestions?

2. sam spade 2

sam spade 2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    IF....that 12 V battery is over 4 years old, it probably would be a good idea to change it but I certainly wouldn't mess with the HV one unless you really need to.
    And I personally don't put big bucks or effort into a car that old.....of any brand or type.

3. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    consider a grid charger (prolong) or 'newpriusbatteries.com'