1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Should I sell my 06 prius?

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by awpz0r, Mar 7, 2019.

1. awpz0r

awpz0r New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Having a bit of buyers remorse and am curious of other peoples experience. First off, my car has no issues at this time. Its an 06 with 12x,xxx miles I purchase about a year ago for 5600. Backup camera, cd player, I think the only thing it didn't have was leather seats.

My buyers remorse comes purely out of fear of a major breakdown. Originally I bought this car feeling like if the battery died it was no biggy as there are places in my area that can handle replacing it for a fair price. It is only recently that I have worried of the potential costs if there is an alternator issue or the cvt dies, like multi-thousand dollar issues. I just don't have the money for that sort of repair. When I bought the car these potential problems didn't seem to worry me, I had seen so many cars with so many more miles than mine. But in buying the car I seem to have planted a seed of doubt and fear lol.

Do you with its worth it for me to sell it and get a used civic/corolla? I know I will take a loss, both in the price and having to pay tax on the next car.

2. Munpot42

Munpot42 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    If you are worried, yeah sell it. Do you have a reason to be so worried, probably not, but you are so dump it.

3. JC91006

JC91006 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    This fear you have is unwarranted. Any used car would have potential high dollar repairs.

You can sell it and uber, only way to feel safe

Skibob likes this.
  4. wjtracy

wjtracy Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Sounds like you got a good one

5. audiodave

audiodave Active Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    I bought a 04 with 225,000. Going on 3 years and 248,000. It's never broke down or stranded me.

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.

6. Skibob

Skibob Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Is your fear from reading the posts here? Just remember most of the people that come here do so because they are having a problem with their car. There are plenty of Prius owners that never come here, because they never have a problem. You kind of see a much higher percentage of people having problems with a Prius here because this is where they come for help.

#6 Skibob, Mar 8, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2019
    DILIP PAREKH and SFO like this.
  7. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Sell it and get a Corolla. You will never get a cheap battery fix that works, and you won’t have to worry about other expensive repairs like combo meters and brake actuators