1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Should I take my Prius to the dealership for service?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by joshsaleman, Nov 23, 2021.

1. joshsaleman

joshsaleman New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I was driving out of a Ralph’s parking lot late at night when I drove off the side walk into the main Street instead of driving out of an exit ( it was really dark so I couldn’t see the exit.) The front of the car slammed onto the road and the rear right after. I drove across the street to park at a Jack-in-the-Box parking lot and ran back to the scene where the accident happened to look for any parts that may have broken off. what you see in the picture was all that I have found and I’m not even 100% sure if that’s from my car. But the piece of metal didn’t look and feel like something that had been laying in the street for quite some time so I’m presuming that it came from my car. The car seemed fine during the 15 minute ride back home but I’m still worried about any potential damage I may have caused. Should I take it to the dealership to get it checked? I know this may be a no-brainer but I’m broke right now so I’m trying to not spend any money when I don’t need to. IMG_0569.jpg
    IMG_0570.jpg
    IMG_0571.jpg
    IMG_0572.jpg
    IMG_0573.jpg
    IMG_0574.jpg

iPhone ?

2. JC91006

JC91006 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    those are most likely not from your car

Montgomery likes this.
  3. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Yeah get some light on the underside, see what you can see. Do you have a floor jack, ramps? Scissor jack will work in a pinch. If just using a jack, no safety stands, set the parking brake solidly and don't get under.

4. TMR-JWAP

TMR-JWAP Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Another version of this............ but this one was a cliff !!

5. Colorado Boo

Colorado Boo Active Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius
    Model:
    LE AWD-e
    While those bolts don't look like something Toyota would use now, it is from a 2007, so I'd still get down there and inspect everything. If you're not able to, definitely go to a mechanic and explain what happened so they can look at everything...that part could be part of an exhaust bracket. Better safe than sorry.

6. Another

Another Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    I’d take a look see, it may be from an aftermarket piece on your car.

7. JC91006

JC91006 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Those pieces cannot be from his car, they been ran over 1000 times already. No piece looks like that, especially freshly fallen off a car

Montgomery likes this.
  8. joshsaleman

joshsaleman New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I appreciate all of your guys’ advices. I don’t have any floor jacks or ramps so I will take the car to a mechanic and get it checked out.

iPhone ?

9. mr_guy_mann

mr_guy_mann Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Yes, it's not a bad idea to have the underside of your car inspected. However that item does look like it has scratched up a whole bunch - likes it's been run over a lot.

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.

10. Tombukt2

Tombukt2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    No that's not you but you squatted the car when you dropped it on the pavement like that You definitely ought to just have a look see for the hell of it you'll see exactly what hit the cement or black top or what have you the hard surface they'll be marks on the frame have a look

SM-A715F ?