1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Should I trade it in?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Technical Discussion' started by ruggb, Nov 27, 2019.

1. ruggb

ruggb Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I FINALLY got my Techstream adapter working and found these codes on my wife's 2007 Prius. The 1st one I saw on my ELM327 adapter and Torque == P1121. I had that 6 months ago and fixed it by replacing the control valve. It shows as a current and historical code. I am trying to decide if there is another reason for it, or it needs replacing again.

The other codes are:
    C1242 == open ckt in IG2 = something to do with ABS I believe
    U0123 == lost comm to Yaw rate sensor
    U0124 == lost comm to lateral acceleration sensor
    U0126 == lost comm to steering angle sensor
    B1421 == Solar sensor passenger side. = A/C issue.

Is there a common connector handling these items? That would explain all of them.

I have 4 more historical codes that I have not researched yet. These defs may not be appropriate. I don't know how recent they were.
    B1650 Seat Driver Recline Forward Circuit Short To Ground
    B1200 Climate Control Pushbutton Circuit Failure
    B1207 EIC Switch-1 Assembly Circuit Short To Battery
    B1271 Servo Motor Potentiometer Defrost Circuit Short To Ground

It does have 194,000 miles with about 60,00 on the HV battery and needs new front tire. Should I trade it in?

2. TMR-JWAP

TMR-JWAP Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    What does TS have showing for your aux voltage?

Any troubleshooting is best started with verifying the 12v system is healthy. No need to chase your tail.

The C1242 should have a subcode. 87 or 88. This will determine which relay (IG1 or IG2) is triggering the 1242. If the 12v system is healthy, you want to solve this issue next, as it may resolve the others. (relay not working=no power passing through to other systems, which could easily explain the 123, 124 and 126 codes). Probably IG1.

The U0123, 124 and 126 are all related to the skid control ecu.
    B1421= every gen 2 has it, don't worry about it.

With the number of codes, and just at the top of my mind is a 12v issue, a power path issue, a harness issue or an ecu communication issue. (lol, that covers 90% of the problems a Prius could ever have)

Is the car currently functioning properly?

#2 TMR-JWAP, Nov 28, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2019
  3. ruggb

ruggb Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    thanks twm
    I am new to this TS but I went looking for the subcode and could not find it. There is no snowflake there. There is one on the P1121 and the U0124.
    I and my wife have driven it and everything appears to be working. It started out the check light on. I checked codes with my ELM and only saw P1121. since I replaced it 6 months ago I wanted to see if I could verify that the valve was the problem. I finally got my Mini-VCI to work and then found all the rest of the codes. I have been working on this for 2 weeks = mostly to get my Mini-VCI working, which still isn't working under win10 x64. I have it on a W7 32bit laptop.
    I swapped the ABS relays but have not tested to see if that makes a diff yet.
    I removed and reseated the relays also.
    I have attached a zip file of the health check and freeze frames if that helps.
    I suppose it is time to reset everything and see what comes back. I think that happened since my wife is considering trading it and a dealer looked at it. The P1121 at least was reset and came back. It is now pending.
    thanks

Attached Files:

#3 ruggb, Nov 30, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2019