1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Should I try fixing these myself?

Discussion in 'Prius c Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by PriusCOwner001, May 25, 2020.

1. PriusCOwner001

PriusCOwner001 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    thumbnail (1).jpg thumbnail (2).jpg thumbnail (3).jpg thumbnail (4).jpg thumbnail (5).jpg thumbnail (6).jpg thumbnail (7).jpg thumbnail (8).jpg thumbnail.jpg

Scratches and caved in bumper. I've never dealt with paint on a car before. Not sure if I should try fixing it myself or pay someone to do it. I tried popping out the caved in bumper but can't get my hand far enough to apply real pressure. Will have to take bumper off if I want to pop it out myself. I don't care too much about the look of the vehicle. But I do not want it to rust due to all the damage to the paint. How much should it cost to get it all fixed in northern NJ, USA? Or are all these things pretty easy to fix myself?

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    i would take it to a body shop for an estimate. you can probably do it, but it takes practice and skill. a ;ot of it is not going to rust, and the bumper is plastic. you can jut put some touch up paint where necessary

3. iceman13

iceman13 Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    If I were you I would watch some YouTube videos about popping out dented bumpers and buy touch up paint from eBay.

4. Leadfoot J. McCoalroller

Leadfoot J. McCoalroller Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    If it were me I would do all those paint chip & scratch repairs itself. The ding in the 5th photo I would hire out, I'm just not too good at that kind.

I've done several similar paint repairs on our c already, the DW just showed me a fresh chip yesterday.

Several of those appear to be somebody else's paint on top of yours, those literally will come out with some buffing.

Mendel Leisk likes this.