1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Should I wait until November?

Discussion in 'Dealers & Pricing' started by harbour, Oct 28, 2015.

1. harbour

harbour New Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    So right now, all the dealers in the area have a $3000 Toyota Cash Back deal going on until the 2nd. Do you think there will be something better after that to move more cars before the 2016 model?
    Worth waiting?

2. Munpot42

Munpot42 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Probably the best time is now, you might want to wait, perhaps there will be another $1000 on the table, and or a $1000 might be taken off, so gamble or go for it. Me, I'm a bird in the hand sort of guy.

3. luckyboy

luckyboy Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I seriously doubt Toyota will come up with a bigger consumer rebate than $3000. On the back end they must be giving some good dealer incentives too since many are discounting up to an additional $4,000. Since the 2016 is set to arrive in dealer in the next 2-3 months then I bet inventory is depleting pretty fast of 2015s and doubt you'll see much more of a discount and there will start being less selection if you are looking for a particular color/trim. Would you gamble a couple hundred in savings to get a color you don't want? I wouldn't.

4. Tabata Simarik

Tabata Simarik New Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius c
    Model:
    Five
    The best day is today, sometimes when you wait for a better chance, lose the one you have it. If you remember a time when Toyota offers more than $3000 Cash Back can take the risk, but I doubt you can get bigger rebate.

Okinawa likes this.
  5. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    welcome! the longer they sit on the lots, the cheeper they get. it's not just the toyota incentives, the dealer has to make room to. the closer we get to the next gen, the less people will want current. on the flip side, as mentioned above, choice will be dwindling as time goes by, so it depends on how picky you are. all the best!(y)

6. mrbigh

mrbigh Prius Absolutum Dominium

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    November is just around the corner. If you can and are not pressured to do an impulsive purchase, I will wait longer the get a better deal.
    Stock's 2015 is depleting not to fast at all.

7. harbour

harbour New Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Went ahead and did it. Got a Prius Liftback two for $18200.

luckyboy likes this.
  8. mrbigh

mrbigh Prius Absolutum Dominium

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    A 2015 ?

9. Sabby

Sabby Active Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Good deal. Enjoy the new ride. I picked one up yesterday and took it for a 180 mile break in ride. Can't put my finger on it but a bit different than our 2011. Same tires, both Prius 2 but this one seemed a bit quieter and I felt like I could not position the seat as low as the 2011.

There are great deals now for those that want to select colors and interiors they want. You can wait it out and possibly save a bit but you will not have as much choice. My daughter now has the Winter Grey 2011 barely broken in at 38,000 miles. A Barcelona Red one is now in our driveway.

The only other thing I noticed was the steering wheel control lighting is dimmer than the 2011.

10. harbour

harbour New Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Eh, more like $18,384 before tax for the Barcelona Red 2015. I used the USAA car buying service so I wouldn't have to haggle. I buy stuff for a living and it makes me falsely confident when buying something outside of my industry.

11. The Electric Me

The Electric Me Go Speed Go!

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Well, I always wait for a sign.
    You know, burning bush, bright light, disembodied voice.

But there's no guarantee any of those things are going to happen in November.

$3000 cash back is a significant rebate.

Even with that on the table it's up to the consumer to make the best deal.

If there is a Prius you want? And you can make a deal you are happy with today? Then why wait? Make the deal and don't look back.

In my lifetime I can say without hesitation I've probably never made absolutely THE BEST deal possible on any vehicle I've purchased. If I drive off and own the vehicle feeling I've payed a fair, average price, then I'm happy.

I would think this is a good time to look at the Gen 3 Prius. And deals are going to trend towards the consumer.

The trick to me is to make a deal you're happy with, for a vehicle you like, and then? I stop looking. There's no happiness in discovering a potential deal weeks, months, years later that you feel is better. Once I've purchased? Ignorance is bliss.

3 grand? I think pretty much guarantees your going to trend towards getting a "better" deal than a worse.

#11 The Electric Me, Oct 30, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2015