1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Should illegal immigrants be allowed to stay?

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by jared2, Apr 7, 2006.

1. finally_got_one

finally_got_one New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(nerfer @ May 4 2006, 11:58 AM) [snapback]249822[/snapback]</div>
    Having talked to my wife (and her friends who have also legally immigrated), I understand that it is difficult. Considering the times, though, we have to know who is coming over the border, if only to make sure that certain people (Al-Qaeda) don't come over the border. How do we enforce this? Enforce the law. That doesn't mean only deporting illegal immigrants, that also means penalizing those people or companies that hire them. Not that we shouldn't allow 'guest workers', we should. But they need to know that they will be contributing to Social Security, and that if they remain 'guest workers' they may at best see a fraction of their contributions.

Not fair? Consider me. I am self-employed. I pay 100% of my Social Security, and have been for many years. I was born here, as were my parents. I am not rich by any stretch of the imagination...my Prius happens to be my first and most likely last new car. I am willing to make my contribution to Social Security, even though I will see only a fraction of it, if that. If anybody wants to work here, that is fine with me! But that should come at a price, both to those that work in such a fashion and those that want to employ them.

I do agree, though, that this will be around for a long time.

2. mlkco

mlkco Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    No but if I were Mexician I'd try to be here legaly. If I couldn't get in legaly, I'd come anyway But I would know I'd be a criminal and I wouldn't protest if I got kicked out.
    In Mexico try breaking a law and tell the Federalies that it's OK because you have been breaking the same law for years. I will gaurentee a Mexician Ted Kennedy won't tell the Mexician government that we have no right to protect the Mexician Border.