1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Should Moderators step in?

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by Schmika, Feb 14, 2006.

?
  1. Ban posters who are flaming and using profanity

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Ban those inciting the flaming

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Warn those doing above with threat of banning

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Keep monitoring because it isn't too bad yet

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Other

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. gschoen

gschoen Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Being a devil's advocate means you bring up an established point of view that hasn't been mentioned in order to encourage full, thoughful discourse.

Being a troll means you argue whatever possible to create argument and chaos, whether what you state has any merit or not. A troll doesn't care about thoughtful argument, they like to fight and have fun when they see others get upset.

To say "If I didn't do it, someone else would" is a lame excuse. You could say the same thing about crime, but it doesnt make it right.

With more than 1,700 posts, Squid, you are a repeat offender. That's the difference between you and the random troll from cyberland.

2. Mystery Squid

Mystery Squid Junior Member

Please PM me with all the negative comments, I will happily respond to them in an appropriate manner such that we can let this thread die.

:)

3. Hallowday

Hallowday New Member

I am new to this forum. This is my first forum. I found the site by Googling to learn about my new Prius. At first I was annoyed by MS. I was surprised at some of his posts but when I read the FHOP rules they seemed to be within the boundaries established. More than instigating, I thought MS was challenging people to back up statements presented as facts. Some were able to do this some were not. I agree it got out of hand. As a newbie, I respect how this situation has been handled. The moderators didn’t overreact and thought through the situation. I’m impressed that as a group, you have been able to talk through what happened and discuss things in a civil manner. It sounds to me like most everyone aware of this situation will learn or have learned from it and it will lead to more civilized discussions in the future. Some of those who were at each others throats have already seemed to begin to get to know each other a little better….maybe even tolerate each other. Some of my best friends started out as my enemy.

PS I apologize for dragging this thread out. I know it’s time to put it to rest.