1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Should start a group

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by roger, Jan 19, 2006.

1. roger

roger New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    We should start a prius group on this site: http://www.facesofplanetearth.com and do it for the environment. we could all link our blocks to PriusChat, and start our message with PriusChat: for the environment

or something.

2. roger

roger New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
  3. Astrotoy7

Astrotoy7 New Member

gday roger, nice to come across another aussie :)

that site's unusual...but not my type of thang :(

4. maggieddd

maggieddd Senior Member

problem is that this page takes forever to load for me. It says loaded 11 items out 15 and I see nothing. Then when I try to close it, it freezes my browser. So, I don't feel like doing it for the 4th time

5. viking31

viking31 Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Uh, I went to the mentioned website. What on earth does owning a Prius have anything to do with racism, PETA, Greenpeace, ALV, etc...??

I would assume the owners of Prius's are relatively intelligent and successful people who are not inordinately associated as opposed with a cross section of the general population with the above groups.

Plus the website seems to be scam of sorts. In the FAQ apparently only 20% of the profits go to the charities (if that is actually true). Why not just contribute directly to your favorite charity?

Rick

6. roger

roger New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    do you?

I don't, but I bought a block on the site. Everyone i show it to thinks it's a great idea. and it's 50% to the charities.

I guess it's a site that takes a snapshot of people from the planet and is something that will remain for years and years to come.
    even if it didnt send half the profits to charities, or have a humanitarian theme, I'd still buy a block, cos it's just cool :)

and uhh.. scam? how can it be a scam when you get exactly what you pay for? What the owner does with the takings is entirely up to him.