1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

SHUDDER -- A tire query -- yes, we are sick of them, but...TripleTred, what happened?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Stevewoods, Sep 29, 2015.

1. Stevewoods

Stevewoods Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Long ago and far away, the Goodyear TripleTred was the darling of PriusChat, or so it seemed....

Goodyear Tripletred 195 R60 15 Tires | PriusChat

Now, I never see it mentioned.

I will need new tires in the next month and unless I am mistaken, DiscountTire and Goodyear will both offer rebates, making it a great time to buy TripleTreds at a discount. I am attracted to TripleTred because of the hydroplane issue, something I deal with all the time in Seattle.

Thoughts? Has the TripleTred become passe?

2. wjtracy

wjtracy Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I do not know but a good place to check in TireRack.com reviews and ratings and tests.

3. CooCooCaChoo

CooCooCaChoo Active Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    LE
    If you keep your tires at a high pressure, that should reduce if not completely eliminate hydroplaning. I would instead consider snow if it does snow there in Seattle.

4. Stevewoods

Stevewoods Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Higher pressure, rougher ride, never sure how much good that is for the actual car....esp. on Seattle streets, which tend toward "horrible."

And, call me stupid (wife does), but I tend to be a bit leery of the TireRack tests -- but I trust them much more than the "customer reviews."

Typical "review." I had XXX tire and after 70K I switched to AAA tire and it had much better traction. DUH>

lar.smith42 likes this.