1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

shutting down the prius c while ICE still running?

Discussion in 'Prius c Technical Discussion' started by deckbuild, Apr 26, 2014.

1. deckbuild

deckbuild Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    N/A
    is it advisable to shut down the car while the ICE still running?

2. AEROENGR

AEROENGR Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    My 2013 Prius C2 with a total of 4512 miles made an engine noise on start-up. The noise lasted for about 3 seconds after a cold start at 59F ambient temperature. It was a soft clanging sound at about 4 or 5 Hz and there was no engine vibration - the start was smooth. I had moved the car from the driveway to the garage the day before and shut down the engine after it had been running for about 15 or 20 seconds following a cold start. The noise occurred on the first start the next day. I also own a 2011 G3 and I am well aware that the liftback should not be shut down until the warmup cycle is completed. Since I had heard of no similar problems with the C, I shut the engine down without allowing it to complete the warmup cycle the day before. From now on, I will operate my C as I do the G3 - no engine shut-down until the warmup cycle is completed.