1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Shy Red Triangle

Discussion in 'Generation 1 Prius Discussion' started by Caleb :), Dec 5, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Caleb :)

Caleb :) Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I have a 2002 classic prius and have been receiving the red triangle on and off now. I do not understand why, it has no change in performance while driving. when it is on and will stay for a little but after a few trips ill start my car and it just doesn't show up.
    the first time i pulled the code and got P0420. I knew about this prior and have looked into but ultimately left alone as my car is running fine and learned it should only affect emissions and i do not have the experience to replace a cat on my own.
    when the triangle returned i got a C0212 code in reference to brake fluid. the fluid level has stayed at the max it has always been however
    im considering getting a obd2 sensor to use with an app like dr prius to get a better idea of whats going on
    has anyone else had this issue or am i neglecting something important that is wrong

2. Misha

Misha Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2001 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I have same problem. In my case, I have 2001 Prius and during 2 months I had several times Triangle Showing, keeping it on during 3-4 days then disappearing. But Triangle ON period is longer than OFF.
    I made some diagnostics and they told me two codes - one was because of fuel quality. Second was one Battery had low voltage than other ones.
    I also decided to buy obd2 2 layer Bluetooth device and going to use Dr.Prius and apps like this.
    I am also interested in why it is happening. Is it just old system error or not?

3. Misha

Misha Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2001 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I have some news regarding triangle unpredictable alarm.
    I received my OBD device so started to dignoce this problem.
    I used Torque Pro. Code is 3006.
    Dr.Prius shows me battery voltage. All battery seems healthy only 15 th block more often goes down but not critical low.
    State Of Charging is low 45.5%( difference between highest and lowest blocks.)
    None of block voltage goes under 15 v but my car system still don't like it and give me triangle and check signs.
    For example today I cleaned 3 times codes but it is still on now after 50 km driving.