1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Side Moldings Installed in Bellingham, WA?

Discussion in 'Prius v Accessories and Modifications' started by Smooth Operator, Apr 15, 2015.

1. Smooth Operator

Can anyone suggest a place in the Bellingham, WA area where I could take my 2014 v to have side moldings installed?

I don't have the car yet (I'll get it at the end of May 2015) and I am currently living in the Vancouver BC area. The parts are not available in Canada. Shipping from the US adds about $50 to the cost (when I can find a vendor who will ship).

I'm thinking it might be easier and no more expensive to drive to Bellingham and have them installed there.

Thanks for any leads you might have for me.

2. xliderider

xliderider Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Side moldings aren't difficult to install, you just need to lay out and mark the positions carefully before cleaning and installing them. Because once you apply them, they aren't going anywhere.

Google search for installation instructions, make sure you use one that recommends installing them with a little rake (angle), where it is higher at the rear than the front. In the Gen 3 hatchback, there is a seam where the bumper cover meets the quarter panel, the rear of the side moldings is mounted at the height of an imaginary line extended from that seam.

3. xliderider

xliderider Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three