1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Side Shot of gas tank??

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Brian, May 23, 2004.

1. mikepaul

mikepaul Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I think I'm going to give up on trying to read those diagrams. The tube I see where excess gas would pour down to the filter does also lead back to the tank, but that line also looks like the only way for fuel to be leaving the tank in the first place. The pump is apparently in the lower left corner, pushing gas up and out to the engine.

I'll just stick to my idea that if the car can complain about me screwing up its emissions controls with a Check Engine light, it's been quiet about it so far...

2. HTMLSpinnr

HTMLSpinnr Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    I feel this could just as easily be trapped vapor within the bladder that isn't being allowed to escape in a quick and efficent manner because any sort of purge valve could be closed during a fill, and because there's a seal around the nozzle, they're not permitted to escape into some types of vapor recovery nozzles.

Frank, your theory is sound too though. Has Toyota come up with an official explination, and further, has anyone heard more about this possible "resolution" we may see this summer? I'm bringing my car in this morning for it's 10k (but no aligmnent, their rack is down :-/) - I can ask my SA about it then.