1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

side sun visor

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by lenjack, Aug 8, 2015.

1. lenjack

lenjack Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Anyone have any ideas on how to hook up a side sun visor? Was easy on my 98 Camry cause there was a plastic trim piece to hook on to, which the Prius doesn't have. It's tiresome on a winding road to swing the visor back and forth in late afternoon.

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    i picked up a two pack of black mesh with 2 suction cups at the dealer. works pretty well to diffuse the sunlight and stores between my seat and the console.

3. lenjack

lenjack Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Thanks. Could you elaborate or show a photo? I'm not quite grasping this.

4. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    sorry, can't do photos.:oops: it's about 18" x 24", cloth mesh with a frame. a suction cup connected to the top and bottom allow you to stick it onto the driver window. i'll google and see if i can find a part number/name.

edit: first ones i found are 'brica pop-open cling shades. $10. my look just like these, but these cling to the window somehow, without suction cups. sounds even better.

another one on amazon is 'x-shade'.

5. lenjack

lenjack Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    OK... i'll also try to look it up. Do you know what it's called?

6. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    just google 'drivers side window shade'. there are over a billion pages.:cool:

7. Prius10 Newbie

Prius10 Newbie Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    P1040042.JPG P1040043.JPG P1040044.JPG We use some slip in shades that work great. I used the plastic cover of a notebook, cut to match the upper curve of the side window. The plastic material is fairly rigid, maybe about 1/16" thick or less. If driving with the sun on my side, I slip the shield up between the window and the rubber seal. I can see everything I need to underneath the shade, but it blocks the sun glare completely. When not in use, it folds in half and slips in the pocket behind the seat. It can be used on either side, depending on the angle of the sun.

HybridBull and bisco like this.