1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Side view mirror control panel is loose

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by Dan'l, Feb 27, 2017.

1. Dan'l

Dan'l New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    The panel that controls my side view mirrors has suddenly come adrift. It still works to control the mirrors but is loose in the dash panel. I'm a handy guy..., but I hesitate at tearing apart my dashboard to get to the back of that panel. Any advice?

2. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    That panel's really easy to pop out. Only two things come out first: 1) the plastic along the bottom of the driver's door sill, because it covers one corner of: 2) the plastic kick panel by the driver's left foot (which also has a small pushnut to be removed), which covers 3) the small screw at the bottom of the panel you want to pull out.

Odd for the mirror control to be loose, though, and I'm not sure what you'd do to fix it. It just has the usual springy plastic ears to retain it, as it's pushed in from the front of the panel. Have you tried pushing it?

-Chap

3. Dan'l

Dan'l New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I'll give that a try Chap. Yes, we can still push the buttons to make it work but the L/R selector & directional switches are loose inside the panel. Thanks!