1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Sigma Automotive Site

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by txtabby, Dec 19, 2013.

1. txtabby

txtabby 2011 Prius 4

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Has anyone here ordered anything from sigmaautomotive.com? I ordered something over a month agoand it still has not come in. Someone there said 'orders are being processed now, just weeks away'. Do orders normally take about 2 months??

2. AzWxGuy

AzWxGuy Weather Guy

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius
    Model:
    Limited
    I've had really good service and prompt delivery when ordering from AutoNation Toyota and their address is right there in Houston.

3. AzWxGuy

AzWxGuy Weather Guy

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius
    Model:
    Limited
    I know this doesn't answer your question or help you out at all. I went to that website though. It looks mighty suspicious.

4. hill

hill High Fiber Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    Premium
    I've ordered previous stuff from Australia and it's taken that long so I'd suspect the same from some other international orders.

5. txtabby

txtabby 2011 Prius 4

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    The site has been around a long time...years. At least since I bought my Prius in 2007. I sent an 'official' message about my concern. It also says I'll get a tracking number as soon as it ships. But it turns out it will take weeks. This from their order info page:
    Once we submit JDM orders to our Japan office, they need 1~2 weeks to gather goods (provided that they're in stock at the vendors'), 1~2 weeks to send to us in Massachusetts, then normal UPS Ground or USPS Express Mail delivery times to send to you from MA.
    So parts come from Japan. Okay. They must really be trying to save money on shipping...by putting it on a ship? So now I'm thinking early Jan., about 2 mos after I ordered. Once I get my part I'll file a complaint. It's 2013/14, and it's Japan! They can have things to the US in about a week. Sad...

So, don't be in a rush if you order from these guys! smh...

6. hill

hill High Fiber Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    Premium
    If you really truly wanted it fast ... you could'a had 'em send it FedEx 'sonic' . . . . they'll literally put on an overnite status on it. Stuff ordered from Japan typically comes from china. Japan sellers can expedite by having it drop shipped directly from china. Of course your shipping bill won't be the 'el-cheep-o' rate you got, via having your goods put in some slow poke cargo ship ... 3 to 5 days just clearing customs alone. The only down side is your 'sonic' shipping will often cost 3x-5x the cost of the goods being flown over in that 747. But hey, that's life ... it's full of trade-off's ;)